Brewer Fanatic

top 5 memorable games( in your mind ) you have attended and why

MadisonBrewerBlue

mine are in no particular order

braves last game in milwaukee featuring sandy koufax..braves shelled koufax yet lost in extra innings.

brewers first game in milwaukee...it snowed that morning and we lost 12-0 to the angels

younts 3000 hit game...bought the tickets 2 weeks in advance

game 5 alcs against angels...got two tickets for the last $25 i had in my pocket. couldnt even afford a hot dog with special sauce.

last game at county stadium

i could go on and on

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The walk off walk against the Cubs was the greatest game I've ever been to. It was sold out and everyone was so into the game, I think it's the closest I have ever felt to playoff atmosphere at a baseball game.

Other than that the only very memorable game was Wisc vs Michigan football when Stocco did the QB draw to win in the last minute.

Other than those I don't have any that stick out that much.

1) Last game at County Stadium--I was very choked up about that one. Glad to be leaving that dump, but still saddened because of the all the memories I had from being there.

2) Nolan Ryan's 300th Win--Afterward, watching some poor Brewers employee nearly crushed by the swarm of people trying to get their "I Was There" certificate

3) First game attended at Fenway--Riding over on the train, Walking into the park, sitting in the seats built for a contorsionist.

4) ASG at Miller Park--Booing as loud as I ever booed, irate that they ended it in a tie.

5) First game attended at Dodgertown in Vero Beach--Absolutely the best spring training place to watch a game. I sat just behind Frank & Jamie McCourt.

Game 5 versus the Cards, pretty obvious.

Yount 3000th hit game, the same exact seats for the WS game in 1982.

Final game at County Stadium for all the great memories with my old man and brother

Easter Sunday 1987 and Dale Sveum Homer

Every game I see the Cubs losehttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif because I live so close the Wrigley it just makes me smile.

Last game at County Stadium

Bill Hall's walk off win vs Reds (Moeller cycle game)

Dodger game - I don't remember when the game was, but the Brewers scored 8 runs in the 7th inning (3 run bombs by Jenks and Tyler Houston) to win 8-5 - more importantly...after 20 years of trying, I finally caught a foul ball

Pirates brawl - again, can't remember the date...probably 2001 or 2002...we cut some classes for the game, Sheets pegged Aramis Ramirez, who charged and threw his helmet at Sheets like a little girl...only to get body slammed by Richie Sexson

Schillings 1 hit, 17 K performance against us...

If we're talking non-baseball games:

Wisconsin beats #1 Ohio St - rushed the field

Wisconsin beats Michigan on Stocco's QB Draw

Marquette beats Kentucky to reach Final 4 (in MN)

Two choices:

Obviously the Yount 3000-hit game. But that's mostly because of the long story surrounding it. It's a great story but perhaps this isn't the time to tell it.

1987 - B.J. Surhoff's two-out drag bunt single in the bottom of the ninth against Dave Righetti to beat the Yankees.

First game I remember attending was some kind of Hank Aaron tribute night.. I got a Hank Aaron pin and watched Hammering Hank take an 0-4

In 1981, I saw Fernando Valenzuela face Gaylord Perry at Dodger Stadium, also got Reggie Smith's autograph

In the late '90s, I saw the Brewers win an extra inning game at Busch Stadium, from a luxury box (work-related conference). JD Drew was with the Cards and the guys from the Philly office were giving him a rough time.

I was at the game when Bellhorn hit grand slams from each side of the plate

Prince Fielder walk-off homer against Pittsburgh

Non-baseball variety:

Monday Night Football in Denver; Broncos vs. Raiders

Marquette-Louisville game at Bradley Center; Wade vs. Gaines; MU lost a close one

Not in any order

Opening Day 2007

ASG at Miller Park

Younts 3000 Hit

Reds/Brewers game in Cincinnati (first time to a brewer game out of miller park/county stadium)

Indians/Angels two times I went.

Also one of the Bucks/Pacers games at the Bradley Center. (one of my friends got flipped off by Reggie Miller in the parking lot)

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

Bill Hall suicide squeeze

Fielder/Weeks first HR game

Rafael Furcal unassisted triple play in St. Louis (old Busch)

Sheets v. Zambrano, Wrigley Field 2005, front row behind the plate (we lost, but tons of fun)

2002 ALDS Hatteberg/many others lose pop-ups in Metrodome

1) All the home post season games from 1982. The atmosphere was unbelievable. Great time with my HS buddies in the bleachers. Ran on to the field after Game 5 of the ALCS.
2) Last game at County.
3) End of Molly's streak. Rick Manning!! It rained all day before the game..thought it was going to be a rain out. Glad it wasn't since I was going to the game with a girl that I had a big crush on at the time.
4) The game where Brandt Brown dropped the ball. I didn't see the infamous drop since I was bending down to gather up my belongings (thinking the game was over) DOH!
5) Tie: Robin Yount's 3000 hit game.
All-Star game at MP. Loved it, enjoyed myself, saw the stars play. I realized that it was an exhibition game and I could not have cared less about the outcome.

Honorable mention: All the Opening days that my mom took me to as a kid. There were some real fun ones back in the late 70's, early 80's. Don't remember the exact details, but I remember a lots of offense by the Brewers with Grand Slams.

I think I am the only person in Wisconsin that was not at the Ryan 300th win game.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

1. Hank Aaron's return to Milwaukee on opening day 1975. It was so emotional for those of us that were so hurt by loss of Braves.

2. Sixto Lezcano's walk off grand slam on opening day 1980.

3. Entire weekend series vs. Yankees in July 1979. Greatest atmosphere I've seen ever in Milwaukee including World Series.

4. Don Money's lost walk off grand slam vs. Yankees on 2nd game of 1976 season. After rounding the bases and going to clubhouse, the umps ruled after long argument with Billy Martin that time was called by 1st base umpire.

5. Last but not least, Hank Aaron's 754th (that's right number 754), a pinch hit walk off HR to beat Texas. Hank described it in his book as one of his most

memorable and it was. Fans waited and cheered what seemed like hours for Hank to come back out for a bow.

There are plenty more great memories but off the top of my head, these stick out and I was there for all of them.

3. Entire weekend series vs. Yankees in July 1979. Greatest atmosphere I've seen ever in Milwaukee including World Series.

I was at this series as well -- and the game where Cooper had 3 jacks was the game I remember the most.

As an oddball game --

I was at the Chris Saenz game. That was sort of neat.

Haven't been to alot of games for me to have some good old games. burt here goes.

in no order

Ben Sheets 18 strikeouts against the Braves May 2004

Russell Branyan against the Cubs. He hits 2 homers to both tie the game one was the longest in MP history IIRC we lost the game though

Prince Fielder 49 and 50 HR this year.

Other non Brewer games

Wisconsin FB beats #1 Ohio St 2003 I was a vendor at the time and when the game ended I tried to jump the fence to run onto the field I got my pants caught on the fence it was so embarrassing. We couldn't get either goal post down so the cops started to make us leave. I prayed on the 50 yard line W with a few other people and a guy in a Winnie the Pooh costume acting as a priest.

Wisconsin FB beats Michigan 2005 My sister and I got my dads season tickets for the game i think i lost my voice from all the screaming we were doing.

Wisconsin FB beats Iowa I was working this game too. me and the others working at the West Concession grabbed a whole box of the commemorative towels I took like three. There was a streaker during half time and Ron Dayne breaks the NCAA rushing record. The badgers win Big Ten and get accepted to the Rose Bowl. I missed the record and the streaker while I was getting a new tray of coke lolz.

First UW Badgers Womans basketball game at the Kohl Center. It was sold out I went through the entrance 4 times to get commemorative tickets inside lanyards.

Last UW Badgers baseball game. My dad took me and my sister out of school for it. I don't remember much other than we got out of school to watch baseball http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Haven't been to TOO many amazingly memorable Brewers games

-Jenkins' walk-off double against Cleveland in '06.

-Yo's MLB debut

-Three Turnbow Meltdowns in two years: his '06 bobblehead day against the Mets (some see it as the start of his slide... this was a great game though), '07 against the Braves, '07 against Houston (a.k.a. "The Aquino vs. Pence with the game on the line" game)

-Sheets beating the Yankees in '06

-Corey Hart's first MLB homer

-Unfortunately, the A-Ram walk off in my first and only trip to Wrigley

Non-baseball, I was at the game where Ron Dayne broke the record. That's probably my coolest live sports moment.

Yo's debut

Opening Day 2005 - first opening day for me

Opening Day 2007

UW over #1 Ohio State - went on the field also, pushed aside by mounted cop yelling: "get off the field"

UW loses to Michigan (99?) - the one where Chambers dropped the pass off his gut in the endzone, I was working security to "try" and keep people off the field in that very endzone, I had no intention of getting in anyone's way

Here's five...

Brant Brown game (9/23/1998)

Last game at County Stadium (though the ceremony was more memorable than the game itself)

Prince & Rickie's first home runs (Fanfest game, bf.netters in Jenkins Jungle, June 2005)

Yovani's debut (6/18/2007)

And the 82nd win on 9/29/2007 - partly because I think "ending the losing season streak" counts for something, and partly because it's the second most recent game I've attended.

The 2002 all-star exhibition (my S.O. won't call it a game, because a "game" has a winner and a loser) was memorable too, at least as a spectacle.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was front row, section O for that Chambers gaffe game, stoops. I wish I could've run past ya that day.

Crew games (no certain order):

- Yount 3,000

- Weeks/Fielder first HRs

- Branyan v. Cubs - great game, and we'd just signed the muscle days before this (his first game with us possibly?)

- Bill Hall pink bat Mother's Day legend-maker game

- Final game at CS

- Whatever game where Jenks threw Aramis Ramirez out at 3B in 2006 after Ramirez had absolutely scalded a ball off the R-C wall. I'll always be able to conjure up the image of the look on Ramirez's face after he got pegged. I mean, you wanna talk about throws, this one was simply perfection. Iirc we won the game. (I'll look it up later if I have time)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Father's day 2006 (July 18th)- Carlos Lee hits walk off homer to win game

April 22, 2006 - 5HR in one inning

June 25, 2005 - Weeks, Fielder first career home runs(I didn't know if I was going to be able to go tho this game since my wife was pregnant and was due about this time, but my son being the trooper he is came a little earlier so I was able to go)

June 19, 2004 - we were down 5-4 in the 7th after being down 5-0, Podsednik at bat I turn to my friend and say "might as well hit a homer you have nothing better to do anyway", Podsednik hits 2 run homer, we go on to win 7-6

My first game at Miller park in July 2001

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I went to a lot of games around that time with my friends. Took the bus down to the VA and hiked from there. Sat in the bleachers for $1.50 (I think?..maybe $2.50). I don't remember if it was 1979, but I do remember going to a jam packed Brewers/Yankees double header (back when they use to actually schedule those things - anyone remember "twi-night" double headers?) with all the Reggie ****'s signs and the ushers running around trying to get them removed.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Round 1: Okay, so I was rip roaring drunk and this washed-up old fool comes to the plate. I think his name was Hank Aaron. You'd think he was a God the way people were calling out for him to heal their disabilities and kiss their children. Well, that kind of adoration just rubs me the wrong way. And who the hell does this guy think he is anyways. So, I stand up and start screaming at the bum. I call him every dirty name I learned in the merchant marine, and told the whole section that grandpa was gonna strike out on three pitches. Sure enough 3 straight fastballs from a glorified AAA pitcher and Mr. Class has to eat pine in the dugout. That's when the first cup of beer hit me upside the noggin. The whole section roared it's approval. I loved it. I turned around and yelled at the guy, "that's the spirit!"

Round 2: The next guy can actually hit. A young buck, ugly as me and Charles Bukowski. But at least the atrophy hadn't set in. I mean I felt sorry for Hank on some level, but a baseball player? I don't think so--not then anyways. So I stand up along with my Irish and proclaim, "Now this guy can hit. He's got talent. He's a punkass kid and he's better than any old Hank Who'sit!" I can see the guards coming for me out of the corner of my eye. So I get in a quick, "And he's gonna hit one outta here on the first pitch!" And yes, bingo, you guessed it. Gorman strides to the plate, ornery as can be, and socks the first pitch into the centerfield bullpen. I take a bow, and that's when the second cup of beer whistles in, but it misses me and hits my girlfriend. It was pretty cool. She was a great gal.

I'll always remember that because I found out that Freedom of Speech isn't free.

Archived