Brewer Fanatic

Brewers' full share is $11,404 for playoffs.

brewcrewreview

Im sure they spent more than that invoicing for playoff tickets.. I think that is part of the reason why the money is there for them.

?

The playoff shares are for the players, each player takes home an $11,000 share.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

players hold a meeting usually in August to discuss how their playoff pot is divided, hence the shares. They vote half, quarter, or eighth shares to key personnel, like clubhouse attendants, bat boys, players that spent most of the year in AAA, or traded players. The Brewers having the highest amount means that they have the fewest total shares. That means it's unlikely that non-players got very much out of it. I know I've heard that in 2001 the Dbacks had a heated meeting, with youngsters debating, so at some point the veterans like Grace, Johnson, Williams, Schilling, etc threw up their arms and stormed out of the room, declaring to just give their shares to the clubhouse staff. The result was that the average full-time clubhouse attendant received a check after the World Series for roughly 3-4 times their typical annual salary.

Im sure they spent more than that invoicing for playoff tickets
sure, but i think the $25 handling fee we forked over the get these tickets more than covered those costs.

(not sure if the fee was credited to 2008 tickets or not)

The playoff shares don't come from the pockets of Brewer management. They come from revenue generated by the playoff games themselves (TV, stadium revenue, etc.).

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived