Brewer Fanatic

Turnbow new closer according to Melvin...sorry, this sucks!

TURBO
With an otherwise sketchy bullpen, you better have a closer you can count on.

With a sketchy bullpen you don't even get to the closer.

I still think we are being to hard on Turnbow. Most of the critism is based off of 3 bad months within 3 years time.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Besides when he was successful as a closer, he routinely hit 97-98 on the gun. Last year he was mostly 94-96.
If my memory serves me correct, I disagree with this statement. I recall early in the year Turnbow was regularly clocked in the 94 and 95 MHP on his fastball. He was also fantastic early in the year. While I can't prove my assertion, but I believe he took a few ticks off of his fastball to locate it better.

Later in the year, Turnbow turned his velocity back towards the 97-98 range and soon lost control again.

Overall, I think Brian nailed it. Turnbow is an effective relief pitcher. But his failure to pitch back-to-back with success would made him a difficult choice as a closer.

Archived