Brewer Fanatic

American Gladiators??

jason21nl
while waiting for the sunday night football game to start, i just saw a commercial for a new American Gladiators show! Now I used to watch that show all the time. I wonder if its going to be like the old one, or whats its going to be like. I'm pumped for it

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard that they're taking an element from the UK verison and applying it to this new one. That element is they'll follow around the challengers to learn more about them and their personality and how they prepare for the show. I think that's gonna detract more time away from sweet gladiator action. The announcers are going to be Hulk Hogan and Lala Ali. I really think they needed to bring back Mike Adamle and Larry Csonka. Best duo ever.

The announcers are going to be Hulk Hogan and Lala Ali. I really think they needed to bring back Mike Adamle and Larry Csonka. Best duo ever.

Somewhere...on some distant corner of the Internets...Joe Thiesmann is crying right now.

• 3 weeks later...

The female Gladiators look much more "fe" than "male" in the updated version.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/27/180px-RayeHollitt.jpg

The original series' Raye "Zap" Hollitt

http://www.nbc.com/American_Gladiators/images/bios/large/venom.jpg

The contemporary "Venom."

Gruber Lawffices

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone else remember a series, like American Gladiators, but everything was on rollerblades? Am I just imagining that from my childhood, or can anyone back me up on that?

Roller Derby has been around in various forms for years.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone else remember a series, like American Gladiators, but everything was on rollerblades? Am I just imagining that from my childhood, or can anyone back me up on that?

You're probably thinking of the more recent (last ten years or so) reincarnation of Roller Derby known as Roller Jam. For some reason I was hooked on that for a while, though I was actually more addicted to calling the Roller Jam hotline and sending everyone I know fan packets for free. I think my high school even got one.

You're probably thinking of the more recent (last ten years or so) reincarnation of Roller Derby known as Roller Jam. For some reason I was hooked on that for a while, though I was actually more addicted to calling the Roller Jam hotline and sending everyone I know fan packets for free. I think my high school even got one.

Rollergames > Roller Jam.

Archived