Brewer Fanatic

Dayn Perry Top 100 Prospect List has begun

reillymcshane

There's a really good article in SI about "8 who'll be great" or something like that. 8 rookies that should be great players.

Gordon of course was in it and they said George Brett offered to pay him $200k(The difference in what the Royals were offering and what his agent wanted, I think) out of his own pocket so he would sign.

It also said that instead of being jealous of Gordon, his teammates are in awe of him because he's such a dynamic person. He's gonna be awesome. Braun was also in that list.

3TO Apostle

Just out of curiousity, how does everyone think the top 5-8 picks would have gone that year, if all things were done over? I would hypothesize that Gordon would be #1... Upton...there's a debate, as his numbers pale in comparison to his prep counterpart, Cam Maybin, though Cam needs to get his K vaccination quickly.

1. Gordon

2. Zimz

3. Pelfrey ($ is no object, I would hope)

4. Braun

5. Hochevar ($$$$$....$)

6. Upton...and leave him at short!

7. Maybin

8. Tulo (I'm a big dirtbag doubter...my dad went to the Beach)

I was a big fan of the Iowan Trojan, but he has definitely stagnated.

Archived