Brewer Fanatic

Shopping the day after Thanksgiving!

bobbledude25

I have all my holiday shopping done before Thanksgiving in most cases. Just have a couple odds and ends to pick up. If you start at the end of July there are a lot of good sales especially at Toys R Us.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

No thanks, there will be plenty of deals to be had in the upcoming month and subsequent post-holiday clearance sales. I despise shopping in general and there's no way you'd get me out with the sale-crazed minivan Moms darting about Target at 5AM.

I will do all of my shopping in one night. I may just wait for a snowy night and hit the stores while everyone stays off the roads.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I was at work at 345, and outside handing out tickets to customers. There were people lined up yesterday at 6pm just to get a crappy laptop and printer combo. I would never get up early for a sale. Its not worth it to me to stand out in the cold for hours just to save $100.

I went yesterday to Comp USA to get a new camera I got a Canon SD750 waited 1+ hour just in the check out line. Not to bad as I got to watch people play the Guitar Hero 3 Demo for a long time.

I was going to go later today to shop for a camera but as I was driving around yesterday people watching the lines outside of Best Buy West Town and such I noticed Comp USA was open and went and got a camera came with a free keychain to that can hold and view pictures like a slide show.

Just as I was leaving some older guy was yelling at two Asian kids that cut in the front of the line it almost turned into a big mess.

got a large chunk of shopping done online. none of the doorbusters appealed to me.

i kind of wonder what percentage of things bought yesterday were gifts and what were people shopping for themselves?

actually, id say a good majority of people were shopping for gifts. The people that I talked to inside, id say 75% of the people from 5-10am were buying for someone else. I heard a lot of, if they want it, they can come back and get that.

I thought I lost all faith in humanity earlier this year when the film Epic Movie made almost 30 million in its opening weekend. However, some of my faith has been restored after I went shopping on Black Friday.

I work 3rd shift, so I hit the stores after work at 7am. You know what... Everybody was friendly and in a good mood. I hit Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, and Menards. I saw no pushing, no shoving, nobody blaring their horns, and people were saying "excuse me" when accidentally bumping into me. However, it kind of hurts to see the exact same GPS I purchased in October be on sale at numerous stores for $50-$75 less than what I paid.

Archived