Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Classics on FSN (Updated: Next new episode Thursday 2/28)

Bert55

Baseball fix.....If I have placed this in the wrong area, sorry about that.....

Tonight Friday Nov. 24th

7:00pm - 9:00pm, FSN (26)

Classic MLB Baseball : "2006: Mets at Brewers"

From 2006: New York Mets vs. Milwaukee. Bill Hall's 10th-inning homer lifted Milwaukee to a 6-5 win over the Mets.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Cubs game would be next, too, TR. If FSN has wedged it in amid all the college football, WIAC/WIAA sports and pro beach volleyball of the last few weeks, I haven't noticed it.

I suppose it would be too clever to actually release a broadcast schedule like they did last off-season.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yeah, Robin19, I wasn't at home (where I could verify the list of last year's games) when I posted yesterday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Well, maybe this means there will be five "new" classics this off-season (four more after that Opening Day '07 broadcast), plus reruns of previous Classics. That's OK with me. I'm still peeved no schedule has been released, though. If Bert55 hadn't posted Friday, how many of us would have had no idea?

Just a heads up the Ben Sheets opening day 2007 start re-airs Monday 11/26 at 7 pm and it looks like the new Brewers Classic (Prince's two homers against the Cubs this April) will air Tuesday December 4th at 7 pm and Bill Hall's walkoff homerun classic will be re-aired Friday December 7th at 7 pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread - the April thriller with the Cubs is on now (and as of 7:30, you haven't missed anything good yet, if you're a Brewer fan).

Stop dwelling on the winter meetings for a bit and revel in the game which inspired our monster in-game thread.

(heading off to change into Villanueva jersey tee)

At the end of last night's Classic, Jeff Grayson's description of the next one was something like "Fielder and friends aren't so friendly to a former teammate."

My first thought (which won't surprise many of you) was the blowout victory in Arizona vs. the Sharpie, which also featured an appearance on the mound by Jeff Cirillo.

But I'd entertain other guesses.

At the end of last night's Classic, Jeff Grayson's description of the next one was something like "Fielder and friends aren't so friendly to a former teammate."

My first thought (which won't surprise many of you) was the blowout victory in Arizona vs. the Sharpie, which also featured an appearance on the mound by Jeff Cirillo.

But I'd entertain other guesses.

My first thought was Carlos Lee but I can't remember any "classic game" against Houston this year.

My first thought was Carlos Lee but I can't remember any "classic game" against Houston this year.

Classic maybe not, but the game in which Braun & Prince hit back to back 9th inning bombs was one of my favorites this year. The Crew were down 4-3 in the 9th when Ryan drilled a 3 run homer out of the park. His reaction and pump of the fist were classic. Prince followed by going deep a moment later. Brewers win 7-4 and pull within 1.5gb of the Cubs. I think I might still have this game on my tivo.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

20fry wrote:

Classic maybe not, but the game in which Braun & Prince hit back to back 9th inning bombs was one of my favorites this year. The Crew were down 4-3 in the 9th when Ryan drilled a 3 run homer out of the park. His reaction and pump of the fist were classic. Prince followed by going deep a moment later. Brewers win 7-4 and pull within 1.5gb of the Cubs. I think I might still have this game on my tivo.

Duh how could I forget that game? That was the game my neighbors told me to shut up because I was yelling so loud after Braun hit the homer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

if the game hawing is referring to is indeed the Gallardo vs. Sharpie contest in AZ this year, somebody please record it and get it to me. That's the game my wife and I sat in the second row behind the Brewer dugout and we got a ton of emails from family members saying we were on tv several times.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived