Brewer Fanatic

Top 10 reasons I feel old now...

jaybird2001wi

Let me see, where do I start?

10. I have all these body parts that are sore for no apparent reason.

9. Hangovers last all week.

8. I sat in the student section at a UWM game Saturday night, and it felt weird.

7. I've been going to bed earlier than I used to.

6. I just can't party like I used to.

5. Brett Favre has been starting longer than any of my nephews and nieces have been alive.

4. My 10 year high school reunion, which I don't plan on attending, is next year.

3. All my college buddies are either engaged or married.

2. I'm on my last belt loop.

1. I can't remember what I did last Tuesday.

I turn 29 pretty soon.

My Dad(who I work on the family farm with) upon seeing me up early for chores after an all too frequent late night would say

"son someday you'll be sick and tired of being sick and tired"

I felt old the day it happened,

1. i felt old when i started drinking coffee

2. i now catch myself referring to college students as "kids"

3. a few weeks ago i actually said "i'm tired, i think i'm going to go home."

4. i sometimes get "last year" and "last month" confused.

5. i used to work 90 hours a week no problem. i tried 60 hours recently and was exhausted.

6. i look at foods and think "i probably shouldn't eat that."

7. in the past five years, i've taken more business trips then been to rock concerts.

8. i now care what my beer tastes like.

9. Girls my age sometimes look old and that scares me the most.

I'm 45 and I feel old for a couple of reasons. . .

Physically, I'm shot. I have very little athletic skill left. I can't jump, I can't get down low, I can't react quickly anymore. I'm spent. I try to maintain some semblance of fitness and healthy diet, but it's not the same as the youthful agility I once had.

And socially, I'm very out of touch with today's pop culture. I couldn't name a single song in the top 40. Entire music careers have come and gone without my even knowing who the artist was, or why they were popular.

I don't watch that much tv, so again, I don't have knowledge of who is a celebrity and who isn't.

It's enough to have dinner, get my daughter ready and into bed, wash dishes, and read up on the news. Then that's it. I'm done.

Who has time for more? Apparently, lots of people.

Physically, I'm shot. I have very little athletic skill left. I can't jump, I can't get down low, I can't react quickly anymore. I'm spent. I try to maintain some semblance of fitness and healthy diet, but it's not the same as the youthful agility I once had.

And socially, I'm very out of touch with today's pop culture. I couldn't name a single song in the top 40. Entire music careers have come and gone without my even knowing who the artist was, or why they were popular.

I don't watch that much tv, so again, I don't have knowledge of who is a celebrity and who isn't.

It's enough to have dinner, get my daughter ready and into bed, wash dishes, and read up on the news. Then that's it. I'm done.

I'm 22 and this has been the case with me for years! Don't feel bad.

I'm 22 and this has been the case with me for years! Don't feel bad.

Every time I feel like I'm getting old, all I have to do is go into a meeting with a client. Usually I get TONS of double-takes, especially from the people that are around my parents' age. Realizing that I work with a ton of middle-age folk has helped to keep me feeling younger.

I think that there's a rule of social etiquette that says:

If you are under the age of 35 and you complain publicly abouthow old you feel, you MUST buy a drink for all persons over the age of 35 who are within "earshot" of the statement.

So, Mr. Jaybird, son, where are we drinking?

only being 30 i still dont understand the usefulness of texting other then for important quick messages, i.e. "Going to be late". Is it much easier to type out long sentences then just call the person?

As someone who has never 'texted' take this with a grain of salt. I think a text conversation can be broken up and less formal, and you can text with many different people at the same time. Sometimes you just want to say something quick without comitting yourself to an uncomfortable phone conversation where you're not sure when to end the call.

I may be 25, but I started losing my hair when I was 19 and now people sometimes mistake me for being in the mid 30's. I also feel old because now I feel like I do something better with my life because of my age and the fact that I still am a semester shy of getting my college degree (this has been the case for the last two years and have yet to go back and finish it up.) I will feel older when I am sitting in class at UW-Whitewater (all I really got left credit wise is 14 credits with 3 dedicated to finishing up my minor and the rest will go to a gym credit and crappy 100 level classes to fill the gaps) and there will be people in class who were born in 1990 once I return. I was in 3rd grade when my future classmates were born.

Sometimes you just want to say something quick without comitting yourself to an uncomfortable phone conversation where you're not sure when to end the call.

It's most useful when you're somewhere loud, only have a minute, or need to say something to someone who's really long-winded. There are some people who you just can't get out of a phone call with in under 10 minutes.

Also, when reading the Mark Prior thread, I looked up his stats, and realized that this "washed up" player is 2 months younger than me.

Archived