Brewer Fanatic

Top 10 reasons I feel old now...

jaybird2001wi

I am 25 years old and the more and more I think about things, the older I feel. I was born in 1982.

1. It has been nearly 7 years old since I graduated high school.

2. Professional baseball players in the Majors are now to have been born in 1986 (Yo Gallardo)

3. I actually have a couple friends I have been friends with for 20 years.

4. People who were born in 1991 actually can get driver's licenses

5. I can actually date someone who was born in 1989 and not get in trouble.

6. I now find myself to be interacting with people in their 30's and actually hang out with them now without even considering them as "old."

7. I was at a bar in Hales Corners called "the Bosch" and one of the servers told me she just graduated high school and is 18. Seven years younger than I am.

8. New staff members/coworkers are 19, 21 and 21 respectively. The youngest was just 12 years old when I graduated high school, 16 when I started working with the company. What is scarier is I think they are cute. I feel old just thinking about it.

9. I actually can reminisce about the Brewers depressing years in the mid 90's (around the time of the strike) and actually can sound somewhat smart about it.

10. The friends I have known 20 years ago are now either a) married, b) engaged, c) have professional jobs or d) all the above with a kid or two.

How about this; you just changed an age category according to the US census......

"In Pocatello the population was spread out with 26.6% under the age of 18, 16.7% from 18 to 24, 27.4% from 25 to 44, 18.9% from 45 to 64, and 10.4% who were 65 years of age or older."

I just turned 25 on November 3rd and this caught my eye, so I sat and pondered how I'm now classified with the 44 year olds. I still feel young though.

You and I can also say that since we've been alive the Brewers have never been to the playoffs........yet we still cheer them on.

I'm happy Vinny is in the NFL. Gives me somebody out there that is older then me.
Amen. There are few left.

One (of many) things I like about being on the other side of 40, is I have a much more diverse group of friends age-wise. When you're in your early 20's, most - if not all - of your friends are within a few years of your age. But now, I've got good friends that range in age from late 20's to late 50's. I enjoy the diversity.

i think the nba draft is when i feel out and see people drafted that were born 8 years after me this year. Also when players are called a vet that is as old as me (27) can do it to.

The first time i felt old was i went to a pat mccurdy concert at uwm while i was going for my second degree (i was either 24 or 25) and the bouncer in the gasthouse told me i won't tell anyone how old you are.

I am 35 and this is what makes me feel old.

1. My fiances sons are now 17 and 18 and both are 6 ft tall. When we first went out (the first time, we've been together 7 years this time), I used to take them out of car seats. Now I pay oodles of car insurance.

2. Kids of friends of mine are now drinking age. Since I own a bar, I get, "You knew me when I was little. Remember? You gave me candy bars when I came in with my dad 15 years ago." Ick.

3. I thought my twenties went fast. Try the thirties! Before I know it, I'll be 60.

4. I actually have a retirement plan of my own. Since I own my own business, it comes out of my pocket.

5. When did the Eagles, Elton John, Zeppelin, and the Doors become oldies?

When I think of the young major league baseball players who I am now as old as, it doesn't make me feel as old so much as "unaccomplished". For example...

Robin Yount, age 20 - 235 hits in the big leagues.

Sam Brylski, age 20 - At tech school, trying to figure out what to do with my life.

I was out of high school when Gallardo was born, I met one of my best friends in 1973, I was present when Bill Schroeder hit his first MLB home run, and my oldest son will soon take his road test for his driver's license.

I liked 25 a lot better physically, but overall, I'll take 40 any day.

When I think of the young major league baseball players who I am now as old as, it doesn't make me feel as old so much as "unaccomplished". For example...

Robin Yount, age 20 - 235 hits in the big leagues.

Sam Brylski, age 20 - At tech school, trying to figure out what to do with my life.

Should've joined a softball league and then lied about how many hits you got. At least that's what I would've done.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

and my oldest son will soon take his road test for his driver's license.

I hear ya splitterpfj, my daughter got her license Monday. ping, ping, ping- the sound of gray hairs!

Also, playing softball in an old-timers league, ouch.

A kid I coached in little league is a high school teacher.

Last night my brother and I were reminiscing about his first car and the sweet 8-track player he bought for it. Cruising to the Exclusive Company- Downtown Oshkosh (as Giambetti would say)and picking up ELO Discovery, The Knack, Supertramp Breakfast In America and Candy-O.

Beast Light, I had that Grampa Simpson quote as my signature here for a while, a couple of years back. Spot on.

This year's college freshmen were born the year I met my S.O. (1989).

So far, I haven't been older than the parents of any of my student employees. There have been some close calls, mainly for students who were born to teenaged parents. But that era is nearing an end.

And oh my gosh, Weirdos, no kidding about the radio "oldies." Stuff I'm used to classifying as "classic rock" is now on WOLX (well, not this month since they've gone to 24/7 Christmas, but you get the idea). I'm going to just shake my head for a while now.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I just got off the phone with a client, who is 42. He told me he decided to really tie one on last night because "I haven't been wasted in years, I thought it might be fun to just go for it."

He woke up in his chair three hours later, with half of his first drink still in the glass.

I'll be 23 next month and I don't feel old at all. Well maybe sometimes, but I don't notice stuff like "the girl I work with now was only 12 when I graduated HS." So what?

I guess I am confused about your #7 jay. Is it really that weird for a 25 year old to think an 18 year old girl is cute? I'd hope not!!!

When you're young, you really pay attention to each year and milestones (13, 16, 18, 21), but after 30, I've got to do the math to remember how old I am. 30 also seemed to be about the time when I stopped following or liking current music.

Or maybe it was because my first child was born when I turned 30. That really changes your perspective.

I am 25 years old and the more and more I think about things, the older I feel. I was born in 1982.
I graduated in 82. Thanks for saying you feel old.

I didn't feel old until I couldn't physically do things I had done all my life. At 40 I could no longer compete with college kids in wrestling. Nothing like getting your butt kicked by someone who wasn't even alive when you started wrestling. I'd see the openings, know what move would exploit it and by the time my body actually responded it was to late. I can only imagine how it feels to swing at a 90 MPH fastball when the reflexes slow.

In general I think women feel old when they lose their abs and everything in general droops. Men feel old when they lose their athletic abilities and hair. Well hair on the head. The nose, ear and back hair seems to make up for it for most men.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived