Brewer Fanatic

MoneyballMan

Below are 1992casey's instructions from the Usability FAQ post in the issues/events forum. And don't worry; you're not the first to be stymied by the process, and you won't be the last. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

How do I put an icon/picture/avatar next to my name?

1. Load your profile. You can get there quickly by clicking on your username at the top of any forum page or in any of your posts.
  2. Click the edit button in the 'mini-profile': that's where you see your username, gender, location, etc.
  3. You'll be taken to the "Edit Miniprofile" page. Click on the actual avatar (or avatar placeholder) in the "Change Avatar" area. You'll be taken to a page showing any avatars you might have uploaded. If your preferred avatar isn't there, an interface to upload your avatar from your hard drive is provided.
  4. Choose your preferred avatar by clicking on it. You'll be brought back to the "Edit Miniprofile" page.
  5. While you're on the Edit page, if you'd like, you may make other profile adjustments. When you're done, make sure you hit the save button at the bottom

The maximum displayable size of your photo when used on our forum is 100x100. Try to select a photo that's roughly that size, as the larger your photo is, the longer it will take people to download it.

Like all images, your avatar must be available on the Internet (not just your own computer). Because webmasters get crabby when their bandwidth is 'borrowed' to constantly display their images on other sites, your avatar should be stored in 'your own space' online. Again, Yuku, Photobucket, and ImageShack all offer free online image hosting.

Like signatures, you shouldn't need to post to test your avatar. The Preview function should suffice.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Below are 1992casey's instructions from the Usability FAQ post in the issues/events forum. And don't worry; you're not the first to be stymied by the process, and you won't be the last. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

How do I put an icon/picture/avatar next to my name?

1. Load your profile. You can get there quickly by clicking on your username at the top of any forum page or in any of your posts.
  2. Click the edit button in the 'mini-profile': that's where you see your username, gender, location, etc.
  3. You'll be taken to the "Edit Miniprofile" page. Click on the actual avatar (or avatar placeholder) in the "Change Avatar" area. You'll be taken to a page showing any avatars you might have uploaded. If your preferred avatar isn't there, an interface to upload your avatar from your hard drive is provided.
  4. Choose your preferred avatar by clicking on it. You'll be brought back to the "Edit Miniprofile" page.
  5. While you're on the Edit page, if you'd like, you may make other profile adjustments. When you're done, make sure you hit the save button at the bottom

The maximum displayable size of your photo when used on our forum is 100x100. Try to select a photo that's roughly that size, as the larger your photo is, the longer it will take people to download it.

Like all images, your avatar must be available on the Internet (not just your own computer). Because webmasters get crabby when their bandwidth is 'borrowed' to constantly display their images on other sites, your avatar should be stored in 'your own space' online. Again, Yuku, Photobucket, and ImageShack all offer free online image hosting.

Like signatures, you shouldn't need to post to test your avatar. The Preview function should suffice.

Thank you for copying this in here. Question - can the picture be a .gif or .jpg file? This is what I tried to upload, but I don't even see the image in Yuku after uploading. It just shows a box with what looks like a button/hyperlink rather than the actual image.

Archived