Brewer Fanatic

Rotoworld Trade Candidates and possible trade scenarios

fondybrewfan
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Kemp isn't really a prospect anymore.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Kemp is ready to go.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Kemp is ready to go.

While I don't necessarily buy that particular deal, the Dodgers mentioned aren't exactly 19 year olds in A ball. Kemp has over 400 big league ABs. Meloan was in AA/AAA, but he could be plugged into a major league bullpen pretty readily...he's 23, former Pac10 pitcher, in 2007 had almost 14K/9IP in AA, about 9 in AAA, combined ERA around 2 despite time in Las Vegas / PCL.

Edit: The Cordero package is too rich for me, but I'd do Cappy for Fuentes.

While I don't necessarily buy that particular deal, the Dodgers mentioned aren't exactly 19 year olds in A ball. Kemp has over 400 big league ABs. Meloan was in AA/AAA, but he could be plugged into a major league bullpen pretty readily...he's 23, former Pac10 pitcher, in 2007 had almost 14K/9IP in AA, about 9 in AAA, combined ERA around 2 despite time in Las Vegas / PCL.

Edit: The Cordero package is too rich for me, but I'd do Cappy for Fuentes.

I like Cappy for Fuentes.
My preference would be to trade Sheets, as I think he would net us a larger return. If we are able to make a quality Sheets trade - we need Cappy in our rotation.

However, if Sheets is still on the Brewers in '08 - Cappy for Fuentes would seem an appropriate trade for Milwaukee and Colorado.

I like Cappy for Fuentes.
My preference would be to trade Sheets, as I think he would net us a larger return. If we are able to make a quality Sheets trade - we need Cappy in our rotation.

However, if Sheets is still on the Brewers in '08 - Cappy for Fuentes would seem an appropriate trade for Milwaukee and Colorado.

If the Brewers made it Jackson instead of Parra, then I'd consider that deal with the Nationals.

Is Jackson even a prospect anymore?

If i'm the Nationals and trading Cordero, i'd have very little interest in Jackson beyond being a back end of the trade throw in

If the Brewers made it Jackson instead of Parra, then I'd consider that deal with the Nationals.

Is Jackson even a prospect anymore?

If i'm the Nationals and trading Cordero, i'd have very little interest in Jackson beyond being a back end of the trade throw in

The Sheets deal is the one that made me salivate. Corey Hart and Matt Kemp in the outfield! If Billy has a bounceback year, that outfield is set! And you have to remember that we're selling an $11million Benny for a pre-arby Matt Kemp. And, as noted earlier, Jon Meloan could be a godsend to our bullpen next year, and he is under our control for a minimum of 6 years. The Fuentes deal doesn't appeal to me as much as a Cappy for Cordero trade, with a bit of Escobar to go with the much-maligned southie...I mean southpaw.

The Sheets deal is the one that made me salivate. Corey Hart and Matt Kemp in the outfield! If Billy has a bounceback year, that outfield is set! And you have to remember that we're selling an $11million Benny for a pre-arby Matt Kemp. And, as noted earlier, Jon Meloan could be a godsend to our bullpen next year, and he is under our control for a minimum of 6 years. The Fuentes deal doesn't appeal to me as much as a Cappy for Cordero trade, with a bit of Escobar to go with the much-maligned southie...I mean southpaw.

Archived