Brewer Fanatic

An incredibly stinky fridge.

COOOOP
I was gone for a week from my humble casa in AZ, upon returning I found that my fridge I have in the laundry/storage area had the breaker trip, meaning no power to that fridge. I threw out tons of rotten food, cleaned it out with bleach, but I cannot get the rotten smell out, is this fridge toast, or do any of you have a suggestion of what i can possibly do?

Target used to carry a product that went in a fridge or freezer called "odor neutralizer" that works great for 6 months or so, but my wife could not find them last time she was there. Other than that, check for baking soda products that will work over the next week or two.

At the risk of causing a bad science experiment:

-If you can pull it out of the fridge and put it in the dishwasher, do it.

-Wipe everything that doesn't come out with vinegar.

-Wipe again with hydrogen peroxide (use gloves).

-Either put a bowl with at least a cup of baking soda in the bottom of the fridge or get one of those fridge packs that has the sides pull off so air passes through.

-Ignore for 3 days.

-Sniff. If there is still a smell, try the vinegar/peroxide rub again.

-If it still smells, something funky got somewhere you can't clean.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I don't know who these people are but they think it's toast:

http://www.moneypit.com/ask-tom-leslie/stinky-refrigerator-may-have-no-solution.html

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived