Brewer Fanatic

Possible destinations for Johnny Estrada

Before I opened this thread the first team I thought that might be interested in Estrada was the Mets. They're looking for starting pitching as well, as the Brewers and Mets actually match up pretty well, and Minaya used to work under Melvin in Texas, so there is some history between the two.

I'd be surprised if they gave up either one (Milledge, btw http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) for just Johnny. I'd bet a reasonable target would be a bullpen arm not named Heileman or Wagner.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Rotoworld speculated a low level prospect from Mets would get Estrada, and I tend to agree. Word is out that if he isn't dealt, he'd be non-tendered.

I doubt the Mets front office is as misinformed as their fan base who think it's a budget issue. It is, but only to the extent that Brewers won't and shouldn't pay starters money (even lower level starters) to two catchers, one of whom would be a backup.

I'd think that he is the ideal package player. Not good enough to send alone and score big...but if he is packaged with either Cappy or Vargas he could get a darn good return. Don't forget the fact that he is a catcher here folks! I'd guess that he and Cappy could get Millege and a prospect or a Pelfrey straight up. We'll see...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Archived