Brewer Fanatic

Kaz Matsui - Looks like he's an Astro, but Cubs still interested

splitterpfj

This one isn't signed yet, but it seems as though the Rockies are conceding the point. It says here that Houston will most likely look to move Burke and Scott for a starting pitcher.

Astros closing in

I like Matsui in Houston, because the Cubs wanted him to help them recruit Fukudome - I don't want him anywhere near Wrigley.

I love it when bad teams make a series of bad deals because they think they're only a few complementary players away from contending.

I love it even more when they play in the same division as the Brewers. I would like to go on record in saying that Matsui will reclaim his previous reputation as a bad investment when he leaves Colorado.

I'd target both Scott and Burke (Burke as a super-sub) and hope that Toby is on to something with his proposal.

The Astros won't start getting better until they re-commit to their farm system and scouting. They've lost way too many early picks in recent years by signing free agents, and then seem to be unable to sign the players they end up drafting with their other early picks. Plus, they are nowhere near the force they once were in Venezuela. But, I don't mind if they don't realize that.

CF Michael Bourn

2B Kaz Matsui

1B Lance Berkman

LF Carlos Lee

RF Hunter Pence

3B Ty Wigginton

SS Adam Everett

C J.R. Towles

P Pitcher

This is the proposed starting lineup in the linked article. 3-4-5 looks nice, the rest, not so much.

Yeah that's not exactly a great lineup. Matsui is going to be a disaster playing outside of Coors Field I'm glad he gets to be a disaster in the same division as the Brewers though.

This one isn't signed yet, but it seems as though the Rockies are conceding the point. It says here that Houston will most likely look to move Burke and Scott for a starting pitcher.

Bonzai! Houston, may I introduce you to Chris Capuano and Zach Jackson.

First thing I thought when I read that, too, AT (aka Imperial Walker .5). Isn't there an outside chance that we could land Burke (supersub - as mentioned) & Scott for Capuano alone? If not, ZachJack would look snappy in red & black.

EDIT: J.R. "Throw-in-the" Towles? I bet I'm the first person in the history of the world to come up with that connotation.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

EDIT: J.R. "Throw-in-the" Towles? I bet I'm the first person in the history of the world to come up with that connotation.

This will be made famous when one of Chris Berman's minions finds it while randomly scanning internet sites for new material. And don't even say he doesn't have any minions because he hasn't had new material in 15 years. There's a completely logical reason, they've been on hiatus.

Archived