Brewer Fanatic

Repainting bobbleheads anyone ever done this before?

zachlaka

Has anyone repainted or touched up a bobblehead?

Out of my 85 or so bobbleheads about 10 or 15 need paint touchup jobs most around the face and a few on other parts.

It is mostly where paint is rubbed away or parts of the bobblehead touch other parts bat to side of face under chin to shoulder etc.... I laso have a few that were painted horribly like the finger paintings I made in kindergarten.

My bobbleheads are from a few different companies like Destroyer, Knuckle Heads, BD&A and AGP.

Can anyone give me some advice on this or point me in the right direction.

Oh yea I can take some pictures too of the bobbles if need be.

TIA ~ Zach

I had a Carlos Lee Warthogs bobble and when it was shipped to me, his arm snapped off at the wrist, the hand with the glove on it. The packaging job was awful, no paper, no foam, nothing, just stuck the bobblehead in a box.

I used wood glue and held the arm in place, it stuck back on perfectly, and then to hide the tiny crack I drew over it with a Sharpie ... no one has ever been able to tell it was broken. There's no way you could tell.

...so if it's a black bobblehead, just draw on it with a Sharpie http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

None are black unfortunately.

The ones I can remember off the top of my head are.

Ray Allen SGA 2002

Richie Sexson SGA 2002

Brad Nelson High Desert Mavericks SGA 2002

Paul Molitor Toronto Blue Jays SGA 2003

Ben Sheets Hunstville Stars SGA 2005

Scott Podsednik Tulsa Drillers SGA 2006

Jeff Cirillo Beloit Snappes SGA 2007

Will post pictures in the morning.

If there are broken parts the best glue I have used is gorilla glue. Let the glue dry and then sand it down so it is smooth and even. Use a fine grit sandpaper.

If its just paint chipping, use a fine grit sandpaper smooth the edges out.

As for painting it get an acrylic paint. I used Testors and it worked well.

I've painted a couple bobbleheads and others weren't able to tell where it was fixed. The only part I can't seem to get correct are white skin colors. I have a Dave Krynzel with a broken arm and I can't seem to get the right color for it.

Archived