Brewer Fanatic

Would you pull the trigger on this? (Sheets to ATL)

rousieboy

If you were the Brewer GM, and 2 weeks ago the Braves and Tigers came to you with this...would you???

Sheets to ATL for Edgar Renteria, Joey Devine, and Clint Sammons...then send ERenteria to DET for Jair Jurrjens and Gorkys Hernandez

WITHOUT all the "no they would never offer that"...or "I would rather have Branyan Pena instead.." rhetoric...

Yes or no...would you pull that trigger if it was in place with no chance of minor adjustments??

Rousieboy is back.

i would say no. This has nothing to do with the caliber of players the brewers would be receiving. Jurrjens and hernandez are very fine prospects as are Divine and sammons.

my reasoning for saying no is that at some point in time every team has to stop trading veterans for prospects and try to win a pennant. This is the brewers' window of opportunity to do that. In this smal l window, it would be better for the brewers to trade their prospects and gain veterans for 1-2 years, than to trade their ace pitcher for additional prospects. i have a lot of confidence in the brewers' farm system. they no longer need to trade their ace pitcher for 4 prospects.

Perhaps, 3 years from now, or two years ago, this would have been the right trade to make. But this year, we need to have a let's win now mentality with trades focused on winning NOW. I would hate to see the brewers come so close and then decide to go back into a rebuilding mode once more.

Gorkys is the only player without MLB experience in this whole equation...it will be interesting to see how this would have gone down if Sheets is broken at the '08ASB and Jair is in the ATL rotation doing well...I find it interesting...

Archived