Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255

This isn't strictly winter weather related, but I'd just like to point out that the fog in Madison is now thick enough to obscure my view of Memorial Library (just across the mall - less than a block away for those of you unfamiliar with UW-Madison).

And the solstice isn't until overnight tonight - so all this crappy weather we've had so far this month isn't even technically winter yet!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're supposed to drive up to White Lake (near Antigo) on Sunday :P

Holy crap. My Grandma brought up my dad's side in White Lake. Small world for such a small town:) Her name was Beulah Brown if any of your older relatives remembers her.

It's in the mid-30's down here in Illinois, but we've got some ridiculously thick fog. Visibility is no more than 50 meters in some places; can't even see headlights past that. Of course things are made even worse by the morons who don't even have them on.

Community Moderator

Latest snowfall estimates:

West of Madison: 3-5"

Madison area: 2-3"

Milwaukee: 1-2"

Changeover to snow around midnight Sunday morning in Madison, 3 AM in Milwaukee

Shouldn't be too big of a deal since it's coming overnight, but it will be very cold and windy on Sunday.

Community Moderator

Looks like another situation where the rain/snow line will bisect Wisconsin. Thus, it's way too early to make a call, but right now it looks similar to the last one where it would be mostly rain in Milwaukee, with the most snow falling west of a Madison to Green Bay line.

Also a chance for a ~1-3" type event on Wednesday evening/night.

Community Moderator
This could be a fun storm but at this point it is still too early to call. There are still several questions that need to be answered and I think they should have waited on a watch until this afternoon. All the snow will fall within a 12-hour period during the day on Friday and it is still possible that it could mix with rain in the Milwaukee area, thus holding down totals a bit. Also, some of the models show large totals, but others are sending the low to the Ohio Valley instead of here, which would leave us maybe 3" in SE Wisconsin. I'll know more tomorrow, but right now I'd say be warned that heavy snow is possible, but don't be surprised if it doesn't materialize.

Community Moderator

Ok, it should be all snow and take place during the day on Friday.

My estimation is 3-5 inches across most of eastern WI, with up to 6-7 inches possible in some areas near Lake Michigan.

There is also a possibility for more widespread 5-7 inch totals if the storm track/intensity predictions change.

Chicago will also be getting snow on Friday.

LINK

I just have to say it:

I

HATE

SNOW!

I was driving slowly, and even when I braked far in advance to slow the car down even slower, I felt the car sliding. And I live in Sheboygan, where there's not supposed to be a whole lot of snow! I can't wait for the next 3 weeks to be over with so I can move to Texas, where I will rarely, if ever, have to deal with snow again!

We're supposed to drive up to White Lake (near Antigo) on Sunday :P

Holy crap. My Grandma brought up my dad's side in White Lake. Small world for such a small town:) Her name was Beulah Brown if any of your older relatives remembers her.

I go camping every year with a group of 6 guys in Nicolet National Forest and we fish on White Lake. Great lake for catching Rock Bass like crazy and the occasional large mouth and perch. And rarely any boats on the lake.

Man I hate idiot drivers who think that just because they have a big SUV that snow doesn't effect them. Just went home over lunch and I witnesses two accidents (from a distance) and one happened because and SUV tried to take a corner to fast and the other one because the SUV was darting in and out of lanes just asking for trouble

Idiots

That said it is beautiful outside with the snow. Really makes you love WI.

Ha! Good memory. CH, you must have to travel at least semi-frequently in this weather. I clearly don't, hence my joy.

Sad to hear about those dummies, fbf. Some people never learn. I'm sure that, to those drivers, it was some other 'idiot' who was at fault, right? *rolls eyes*

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Ha! Good memory. CH, you must have to travel at least semi-frequently in this weather. I clearly don't, hence my joy.
It was one of the things I did appreciate living in Portland/Vancouver for 3 years. Then I came back. Now I'm ready to leave again! Compared to at least 30 degrees warmer and probably a bit sunnier in San Antonio, I'll take it!

The snow is piling up out there once again. Is it totally off the wall that we are going to go drive in the snow risking dangerous conditions to go to the YMCA and exercise? I dunno. Just doing what I'm told.

Wouldn't shovelling snow count as exercise? That way you wouldn't have to go to the YMCA? Just trying to help!

Archived