Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Latest on the Saturday storm is mostly rain for the Milwaukee area, mix for Madison. Any snow accumulations would be in Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin.

So, I wouldn't really worry about this right now as long as the storm track doesn't change.

I also heard on the news that half the models are showing the storm track in northern Illinois and the other half in Wisconsin. So they said it could go either way, how much snow are we looking at right now in northern wisconsin and minneasota?

Community Moderator

It's way too up in the air at this point. I just looked at the new computer model at it is much colder than yesterday--this would call for it to start out as rain/mix but change quickly over to snow everywhere but SE Wisconsin. The models haven't been doing that well lately.

However, it looks nice for Christmas day.

Wow the models are pretty bad on this one. Yesterday they said 1 inch or less, this morning they said 1-5 inches and now there saying 2-6 inches and that the models continue to show strength. Should be a very intresting weekend, according to news reports every model has a different opinion on the storm. Stay tuned and be safe to people traveling. Whats your view on this obbsessed?

Community Moderator

Every model run has predicted a different scenario thus far.

This is a difficult set-up since a small shift in storm track could make this either a non-event or a major snow/wind storm. Friday night/Saturday morning, everyone will be seeing light rain, with the action setting up along a cold front that will be pushing through from west to east on Saturday afternoon.

The current forecast is like this:

-West of a line from Madison to Fond du Lac: starts out as rain/mix, changes to snow by Saturday afternoon, 4-6" of snow, heaviest the farther west you go.

-Madison area: rain changing to snow Saturday evening: 2-4" of snow

-Milwaukee area: almost all rain, changing to snow after midnight Saturday night, 1-3" of snow

-Everywhere: temperature will drop from 35 to 15 with windy conditions.

Everything will be over by Sunday morning.

Technically, I am procrastination for my atmospheric dynamics final tomorrow, even though I am procrastinating by checking the weather...

Community Moderator

Just looked at the new model.

-Timing pushed way back, which allows the cold front to get farther east before the snow arrives

-It would be snowing rather moderately across all of eastern WI on Sunday morning

-All of SE WI would probably get a solid 3-6" of snow if this works out, with higher totals to the west

-Milwaukee area wouldn't change to snow until almost dawn on Sunday, but would see a 6-8 hour period of moderate snow

I'm guessing we won't know for sure until Saturday morning, but this suggests that it would be better to travel on Saturday instead of Sunday :-)

This is just great my family and I are leaving out of Mitchell at 7AM on Sunday to go to Las Vegas. Let's hope it's not to bad around that time.

The more time I have to give Nevada my money the better http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

So -- If I live north of Madison and have to travel to the Wausau area on Sat arriving at noon, will I hit any weather?

Luckily for you I was just watching the news. Saturday they said it will be a mix from Madison to Rhinelander, rain to the east of there and snow to the west.

My mom's getting all worked up now, we're supposed to drive to their house on Sunday, I think she's basically living on the Weather Channel right now.

I can top that. My mom's been living on The Weather Channel ever since she had access to it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This is just great my family and I are leaving out of Mitchell at 7AM on Sunday to go to Las Vegas. Let's hope it's not to bad around that time.

The more time I have to give Nevada my money the better http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

It's 50s out here in Vegas right now, and will be for the next few days. It gets down in to the 30s at night.

Archived