Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255

My sidewalk and driveway are nice and clear from where the sun melted the remnants after I was done with the snowblower and before it got super cold.

I'm tempted to drive out to my parents house. Their driveway is probably a disaster. They're not big on yard and driveway maintenance to say the least.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw 13 people (yes, I counted) biff it during my travels to class today...some pretty hard falls too...a few people bit the dust going down stairs, ouch!
i really miss this. it was always entertaining walking to class and watching people bite it. it was also a challenge to keep yourself upright.

Well I am at College Library right now first computer by the windows and it is Starting to snow now. Yea I can't wait to drive home in this weather later hope it stays as light as it is now.

When My dad and mom lived in their first house together over in Meadowood neighborhood they were right on the border of Fitchburg but their street was part of Madison. He always noticed that the trash wash taking care of promptly and all the streets in Fitchburg were cleaned shortly after it snowed so first chance he got he moved to Fitchburg.

My sister has an apartment in Madison I don't even want to try and drive down the hill into her driveway.

Community Moderator

Snow is winding down in Madison, looks like about 4-5 inches of powder.

If you live along Lake Michigan, lake-effect snow could add a few more inches to what is already there, radar shows that the lake-effect band is now covering the eastern half of Milwaukee, Racine, and Kenosha counties.

More snow coming on Thursday night, another 2-3 inches are expected. Hopefully this won't turn out like December of 2000, because I can't handle that much snow again.

Yeah, that is a good point. I don't really mind snow, and around Christmas time and during my break I really like having it around. Come February and later I'll get tired of it, but it is still far, far better than living in a place where it rains all the time.

I'll repeat my plea for pictures. From a lifelong Wisconsinite, snow is better than constant rain. That's what I've got around here.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/33/89/23128933.jpg

Here ya go. It's a picture I took of Brian shoveling before he caved and bought a snow blower. trwi7 1, Brian 0. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

One of my co-workers sent me this picture of whats happening in WA

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2007/12/large_kayak.jpg

A man kayaks on the flooded I-5, northbound, in Chehalis, Wash. on Tuesday. The aftermath of the storm left the region's largest highway covered with 10 feet of muddy water.

They haven't built a snowblower for that yet!

Yeah pretty nuts out there. I should call my buddy and find out if his place is alright.

The floods took out a few international transite points to australia for I believe Global Exchange. Caused all kinds of havoc with Australian reachability.

I pay 90 bucks a month to park in the goldarn driveway next to my house in Madison, and while they were supposed to shovel/plow it the other day, they never did. I woke up this morning to man ATV fitted with a plow finally plowing it...unfortunately he felt the need to plow my car in...I have snow to up to the middle of my windows on all 4 sides, no shovel, class till 130 and have to drive 7 or 8 miles to work at 2 PM....snow sucks.

Oh yeah...going off the falling theme from the other day...I have now found out taking a spill is not only relegated to outdoors...I'm in college library right now, and watched a guy slip at the top of a flight of stairs, and fall/slide allllll the way to the bottom...15 stairs (yes, I counted again). If that's not embarassing, I don't know what is.

We can see here the American human exhibiting some classic hubris - the achilles heel to so many mythical figures. Stay tuned to see how Mother Nature decides to exact her vengeance, and how the gods decide it best fit to punish Brian the Automator!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif_____________________________________________________

Yeah, TLB, how is everything out there? Did Portland get hit pretty hard or was it out farther? That's what I hated about living in the NW. The rain absolutely sucks. Most of the time, it wasn't a downpour, just a drizzle. An annoying drizzle.

It usually is just an obnoxious drizzle, fo shizzle. Portland didn't get hit nearly as hard as the areas west, but my apt. building lost power (along with a bunch of the city) this past weekend. That's honestly probably the biggest rainfall I've ever experienced. Heck, my boss (he's lived in Portland most of his life) said it was about as big as he's ever seen.

I'll get to work digging out some nice pics for you all. Thanks to those posting snow pics!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Well played!

Alright, since I can't figure out how to post these pics (flickr) in a post, here's the link to the 3 volumes of photos from The Oregonian. Not all of them are crazy, but enough of them are.

Oregonian's Pics

Vol. I = Here it comes...

Vol. II = Whoa, here it is...

Vol. III = Oh crap, there it went...

(approximate titling)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived