Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish it was one year ago today.

I measured my front yard's snow and it was 14 inches deep.

Back yard was a victim of drifting, etc, and showed around 18 inches on average. One spot near the garage was 30 inches deep.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

http://render-2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDPfRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQPooxQ00xaaGxv8uOc5xQQQGleloeQnaGqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gX0QPG0%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I had about 14 inches in Muskego. Man, that was some heavy snow to shovel. (Yes, I'm one of those idiots who shovelled all 95 inches by hand this year) Then I had to roof rake some of the 5 foot drifts off of the west side of my house. Welcome to spring. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

I grew up in western Montana (near Missoula) and winters weren't too bad. We didn't get a whole lot of snow. Yeah, summers don't get real warm, but overall it wasn't too bad. And no sales tax. But I think the wildfires and boredom would keep me from moving back there.

Totally bizarre.....an hour ago, I was out in the sunshine getting the remnants of Friday's snow off the driveway and now I look out the window and it's snowing real hard (west side of Madison).
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Winter Storm Watch
 URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI223 PM CDT TUE MAR 25 2008...YET ANOTHER MAJOR WINTER STORM TO IMPACT SOUTHERN WISCONSINTHURSDAY....A COLD FRONT WILL PUSH SOUTH ACROSS WISCONSIN WEDNESDAY NIGHT. ATTHE SAME TIME...A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVERTHE CENTRAL PLAINS EARLY THURSDAY MORNING. THIS LOW PRESSURESYSTEM WILL TRACK ALONG THE FRONT ACROSS CENTRAL MISSOURI...ILLINOIS...TO INDIANA. AMPLE MOISTURE STREAMING NORTH FROM THEGULF OF MEXICO WILL BE LIFTED OVER THE FRONT...PRODUCING MODERATETO HEAVY SNOW ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN THURSDAY AND THURSDAYEVENING. 

This will help.

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT.

SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT WILL LIKELY EXCEED 6 INCHES ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE NEAR THE LAKE DUE TO LAKE ENHANCEMENT. SOME RAIN MAY MIX WITH THE SNOW ALONG THE ILLINOIS BORDER... WHERE SLIGHTLY LOWER SNOWFALL AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE.

LOW PRESSURE WILL TRACK ALONG A FRONTAL BOUNDARY FROM CENTRAL MISSOURI...TO ILLINOIS...AND INTO INDIANA THURSDAY AND THURSDAY EVENING. AMPLE MOISTURE STREAMING NORTH FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO WILL BE LIFTED OVER THE FRONT...PRODUCING MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN THURSDAY AND THURSDAY EVENING.

If it is 60 and sunny for Opening Day, all will be forgiven.

Well right now they're showing a high of 43 on Monday with showers, Tuesday a high of 50 with a few showers (this would be a makeup day if the opener got cancelled), 45 and partly cloudy on Wednesday and 42 with rain and snow showers on Thursday.

Just genius scheduling by MLB I mean the upper midwest doesn't get any bad weather in early April so lets play outside instead of in the dome.

I don't know why that scrolling deal is happening to my post, and I don't know how to fix it.
Yuku's ability to render preformatted text took a dump just before the weekend. I should say "Yuku's inability" because it went from barely acceptable to wacko. Making matters worse, it does different things on different boards.

If you wish to paste that particular weather forecast, hit the HTML button (just to the left of "Spellcheck") and remove any

and 
tags. You should be OK.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Community Moderator

I looked ahead and I'll issue the first opening day forecast as partly cloudy with a chance of showers, highs in the mid to upper 40's.

Definitely no major warm up anytime in the near future.

Weatherman, I am curious to know your thoughts concerning yet the latest impending doom heading towards southern Wisconsin for Thursday. I am hearing anywhere from 3 inches to 8. Can we hope for a rain/snow mix or is this just going to be another pain for us?

Archived