Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry guys. I'm not going say anything about the temperature in Texas right now. All I will say is, I've been through those feelings that you all are going through right now. That's one of the biggest reasons why I had to get out. November, December, January, I can take snow. It's nice. But when it gets to be February, March and April, and you don't see much of an end in sight, that's just sickening and depressing. All I can say is that you have my deepest, DEEPEST sympathies. And my hope that 50 degrees consistently is around the corner.

I just got back in from driving all morning and the lack of salt, combined with minimal plow action means that it was some of the worst conditions I've driven in.

Oh, and the "I'm not going to put any headlights on and drive at 60mph" SUV drivers can pucker up and smooch my behind. Come the revolution, they're the first against the wall...

oh no! I saw 3 flurries, but please don't feel bad for me since they were only little ones.

Jason I hate you. JK. But yeah we have 7 inches here in West Bend. I have to leave for work in about 45 minutes and I'm not looking forward to driving. I just hope to God that this is the end of snow. No more March snow and no April or May storm. This would be a fine storm to wrap up winter if you ask me.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm with Craig. I've got a couple of friends that live in Wyoming and they want me and the Mrs. to come move up there. Pay is tons better (at least 10K more) and cost of living is quite low (3000 sq. ft. home costs same as 1500 sq. ft. home here). And I'm tempted many times.

Until they tell me that it's snowing in late May. And early September. And the summer/July high is about 77 degrees.

About a month and a half of nice weather? No thanks.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

My viewpoint is the opposite of craigharmann's. When it gets to be mid-February, March, or April, I figure the snow will go away soon enough.

I'm seeing a couple flurries right now, but the DOT says that Hwy 29 is snow covered and slippery 20 miles south of here.

I'll get to see the aftermath. I'm heading off to Milwaukee tomorrow.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

My viewpoint is the opposite of craigharmann's. When it gets to be mid-February, March, or April, I figure the snow will go away soon enough.
That's why you're living in Wisconsin and I'm not! :-) I know there are people who wouldn't mind snow year round! I've met them! They scare me. I'm the kind of person that could see snow once, and that's more than enough for the year. And I've spent 25 of my 30 years on this earth in the state of Wisconsin. I'm just wintered out. Casey, you can enjoy the snow all you want, I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to move where I may see snow once every 10 years or so, if it's really bad!

Well, just got done using the snow blower on the driveway and sidewalk, and while that part wasn't too bad, the bottom of my driveway is just a mess. I'm definitely not going to attempt clearing that today, since it will just get plowed back in again. If it doesn't magically clear by tomorrow, maybe I'll just soak the ice boulders in gasoline and light the whole thing ablaze, as a sacrifice to the gods of spring.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yesterday I was out in the back yard raking up a mess on the lawn. There was no snow on the lawn. I looked at my raised garden beds and began to think about putting some plastic sheeting down to warm the soil.

I can't even see the damn beds anymore!

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Community Moderator

I hope you all are enjoying your snowstorm!

Sorry for not providing updates, I'm in New Orleans for spring break, and the weather is 75 and sunny. I got kind of sunburnt, though. This is definitely a fun ending to a terrible winter though, hopefully it will all melt soon. I'll be back home in the cold on Sunday :-)

Well, just got done using the snow blower on the driveway and sidewalk, and while that part wasn't too bad, the bottom of my driveway is just a mess. I'm definitely not going to attempt clearing that today, since it will just get plowed back in again. If it doesn't magically clear by tomorrow, maybe I'll just soak the ice boulders in gasoline and light the whole thing ablaze, as a sacrifice to the gods of spring.

I just fell out of my chair, that was hillarious.

I hope you all are enjoying your snowstorm!

Sorry for not providing updates, I'm in New Orleans for spring break, and the weather is 75 and sunny. I got kind of sunburnt, though. This is definitely a fun ending to a terrible winter though, hopefully it will all melt soon. I'll be back home in the cold on Sunday :-)

Wow, that's just mean! May the demons of New Orleans make your stomach rot every morning! (seems a bit like drinking the water in Mexico in N'Orleans)

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

98.6 inches of snow (for the season) in Madison as of 7:00 PM. 1.4 to the century mark, and it's not quite done snowing!

Edit: 99.6 was the total as of 7:00 AM Saturday. Surely Mother Nature can produce 0.4 inches more at the airport, and then QUIT for a while.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

We have over 10 inches now in Milwaukee. Not sure of the exact measuring. I do know for a fact that we have moved into #2 for the most snow in a winter season at 94.8 inches. the #1 spot is the winter of 1885/18886 which was 109.8 inches. If we hit that mark I will be seriousley ticked off.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived