Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I am in Oshkosh and I took a look at the long range forecast for the next 10 days as well as the daily averages. We are forecasted to be between 5 to 15 degrees below normal through the first third of March, as the normal temps are in the mid to upper 30s and highs are forecasted mostly in the upper 20s.

To the "Weatherman"...when is it going to stop/warm up? How about instead of being 5-10 degrees BELOW normal we get to 5 degrees above normal for a week or so. Im thinking low 40s for a week straight. I need to/want to do some yard work in April and at this rate there will still be 2 feet of snow in the backyard. I cant take much more.

What is also depressing is that the record highs for March are almost universally in the low 70s, even some 80s in the last week of March. Im not crazy, Im not asking for 70s and 80s, or even 60s for that matter, but is 50 too much to ask, 55 maybe??

Community Moderator

The Western US warms up about 10 days from now, so maybe we could eventually get that ridge to make its way to WI by the middle of March, or at least moderate to normal temps--and the normal high will be over 40 by then.

As for Sunday, it will get very warm during the day, with drizzle and then a steady rain in the evening, maybe some thunder.

Then things will change to sleet and then snow on Sunday night. Due to the complications of the timing of the front and whether there will be enough cold air, the amounts will be very difficult to pinpoint. At this point, I think about 2" of snow is likely, but more is definitely possible, depending on how things play out.

48 degrees this afternoon. I was out in the driveway chopping up ice and cleaning stuff up while listening to the Brewers Spring Training game vs. the Angels. Brewers won 4-2, but then the weatherman broke in and told me of 2-3 inches on the way for tomorrow. I cried.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

we had a pretty good thunderstorm go through tonight. Lots of lightning, and rain. The warm weather plus the rain is making the snow go away fast. I actually saw some grass today. It was brown dead grass, but it was grass

Here I am to pout again. For close to a month I walked on a sheet of ice 1-1.5 inches thick on my driveway. Yesterday I spend the entire day chipping it way in large sheets and shoveling it off my driveway. By the time I was done it was dark out and my back was stiff and in pain...but I could see my driveway again.

Last night/this morning we got freezing rain/sleet/wet snow, I come home from work to find it frozen to my driveway.

What did I do to deserve this???

That thunderstorm was pretty cool in Oshkosh. I miss thunderstorms, and it made me think of spring http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

That thunderstorm was pretty cool in Oshkosh. I miss thunderstorms, and it made me think of spring http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

You say that like you have been trapped in the land of winter for 20 years.

You haven't? I sure feel like I have. I can't remember the last time it snowed this much, and then I look at the forecast and it shows more snow on Wednesday and Saturday. Wonderful.

When we have snow before Thanksgiving on into March, it sure feels like 20 years.

~Nottso

Only 1.5 inches of ice in your driveway, RyDogg? For the sake of your sanity, don't visit our street. It's a low plowing priority in Madison (and it really should be), and before the Sunday-Monday period of relative warmth, the ice looked to be at least 3 inches thick after we chopped some away from around the storm drain.

Heck, last weekend I chopped some 2-inch-thick chunks off our sidewalk. I felt a little like the Hulk.

Madison is now 8.5 inches away from 100 inches of snow for the season. If we get there, I'll feel a bit of extra pride for making it through this extraordinary winter. If we don't, that means the snow will pile up that much less. Win-win.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The best part about the layers of ice is that on the bad roads that never got salted it basically feels like you're driving on a road full of potholes. I went to visit my parents last weekend in a small town that doesn't plow, and I'm pretty sure I destroyed my shocks.

~Nottso

Community Moderator

Due to cold temps and another major storm system passing to our south, there is the possibility of lake-effect snow in the Milwaukee area on Friday night.

Lake-effect snow is extremely difficult to forecast, but it looks like 2-4" is possible in all the lakeshore counties, with higher amounts possible if you get stuck under one of the bands for awhile.

Then again, the wind could come more from the north and the band will affect Chicago/northern Indiana.

Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Oh, and next Monday and Tuesday are going to be amazing. Sunshine and 40's! Maybe 50's on Wednesday!!!

Looking at the 10-day Oshkosh forecast, it doesnt look good. The next 3 days temps are anywhere between 5-15 below normal. Then we hit a "warm" stretch where temps rise to *gasp* normal, or rather just 1-3 degrees below normal, then the next three days temps go back to 10-12 degress below normal.

Seriously? It is almost April.

Archived