Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
No kidding! Well its early but the 10 day forecast for the West Bend area has no snow in it. That is wuite refreshing.
Oh I just looked at the 10 day. 30 degrees or higher for two days in a row. Is that possible?

I was starting to wonder that myself. I want warm weather, but I'm even more excited about the possibility of snow for quite some time.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live on top of a hill, melting snow is my neighbors problem.

I'm tellin' ya, this time of year, we get two days above freezing with sun, a lot of this stuff will be gone. Oh sure, the piles will be here until May, but Sun is warm again!

If you Wisconsinites remember last year's big Sunday blizzard, that was my birthday too. Nothing to do except shovel and watch Wisconsin just miss out vs. OSU.

Had to remind me http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif. Man, it's depressing to think I'm excited it's supposed to be in the low 30's a couple of days next week.

Community Moderator

Happy Friday everyone. The NWS greeted me with the following message this morning:

...ANOTHER SIGNIFICANT SNOWSTORM POSSIBLE OVER SOUTHERN WISCONSIN
MONDAY NIGHT...

DO NOT PUT THOSE SNOW SHOVELS AWAY JUST YET. ALTHOUGH WE WILL HAVE
A QUIET WEEKEND AND TEMPERATURES MAY GET ABOVE FREEZING...MOTHER
NATURE IS LOADING UP THE POTENTIAL FOR MORE ACCUMULATING SNOW BY
EARLY NEXT WEEK.

LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO GATHER OVER IOWA AND MISSOURI MONDAY
BEFORE TRACKING ACROSS ILLINOIS AND INDIANA MONDAY NIGHT. THIS IS
A FAVORABLE TRACK FOR PRODUCING MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW IN SOUTHERN
WISCONSIN.

CURRENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT 6 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE IF
THE STORM DEVELOPS AND TRACKS AS EXPECTED. WINTER STORM WATCHES
MAY BE NEEDED IN THE NEXT DAY OR TWO FOR MUCH OF SOUTHERN
WISCONSIN AS A RESULT.

NATURALLY...THIS STORM IS MORE THAN 3 DAYS AWAY AND MUCH CAN
CHANGE. ENJOY THE QUIET WEATHER THIS WEEKEND BUT KEEP IN TOUCH
WITH THE LATEST FORECASTS CONCERNING THIS POTENTIAL WINTER STORM. 

I hate to keep complaining about the weather since it is WI and I have lived here my whole life. But I just am at the point where I can't take this crap anymore. It ruins my mood, I hate going outside to do anything. It's like it's work just to walk to my car at my apt. building because it's all ice and I might fall. Letting my dogs out has become a hassle and I find myself getting more and more upset with the weathermen, even though I know it's not their fault.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

It's hard to deny the fact that the past two or three days in Milwaukee have been absolutely gorgeous. Take 'em when you can get 'em.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

We're going to have water everywhere in a month, while my friends in NC deal with water restrictions.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were even a semi-practical way to move our excess to where it's more needed?

The city of Madison has filled most of its snow-dumping areas - just imagine how long those piles will last.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The latest word from the National Weather Service is that this latest storm for Monday night is now tracking a bit further to the south than originally anticipated. OWBC - what does this mean for those of us in SE Wisconsin, specifically in the greater Milwaukee area?

The latest word from the National Weather Service is that this latest storm for Monday night is now tracking a bit further to the south than originally anticipated. OWBC - what does this mean for those of us in SE Wisconsin, specifically in the greater Milwaukee area?

Yeah Weatherman what you got on this new info?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/Image/mkx/JPC2.JPG

I don't mean to snow on your parade, Invader, but this map from the local NWS website is not looking as favorable for just one inch in Jefferson County.

Last year there was a blizzard warning on my birthday. This year it's "only" a winter storm. At this rate, perhaps I will have a sunny and warm birthday by the time I'm 50 (without having to move out of Wisconsin).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

The storm tomorrow night shouldn't be too bad considering what we have been getting lately. It's going to get cold and windy behind it though.

Of bigger concern is a storm during the March 4-5 period. The latest model has it going up the east coast, but earlier there were some that had us either getting really heavy snow or really heavy rain. We don't need anymore snow, but a period of heavy rain would probably turn Wisconsin into a lake, which wouldn't be much fun either. Either way, the active weather pattern and relatively cold temperatures are going to continue. No really cold air (it's getting kind of late in the year for that, finally), but still cold enough to add to the snow totals.

I don't mean to snow on your parade, Invader, but this map from the local NWS website is not looking as favorable for just one inch in Jefferson County.
Yeah, that forecast seems to have changed quite a bit.

Ah well...I have a snow blower, I can deal with it. Just getting tired of driving in this junk.

(pared back long quote --1992)

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Community Moderator

Snow update here, ahead of the curve as always.

All the Warnings/Advisories are about to be canceled as the snowstorm is going even farther south than even the updated predictions. No more than 1-2" of snow for far southern Wisconsin, a dusting or so in the Milwaukee/Madison areas, nothing north of that.

Yay for being a meteorologist!

Personally, I blame the computer models ;-)

Yes, I am glad that the computer models were wrong this time. However, the forecasts have been relatively accurate all winter.

Here's hoping that the current 45 degree high in Milwaukee for Sunday holds up.

Also - does this thread fit the criteria for WOAH SOLVDD once the winter season wraps up?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think we got about 4 - 6 inches here in Chicago. It's very pretty right outside right now. Too bad I'm supposed to fly out of town today......not sure that's going to happen.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived