Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less than a foot of snow, but a disruptive amount of ice. Seems like six vs. a half dozen to me. Channel 3 is also reporting street flooding in a variety of locations in the city of Madison.

My S.O. recently got on the email list of our city council representative. Today's message includes a forward from the streets superintendent, describing the city as an "ice rink" (as of early Sunday morning) while mentioning ponding of water and fallen tree limbs. Madison tried salting streets this morning but the rain dissolved it. The city anticipates another long plowing effort to allow anyone to get anywhere on Monday morning.

I might finally get my money's worth out of the cleats I got a few winters ago. Also, I'm feeling glad we got some ice melt yesterday.

Edit: For those of you in the UW-Madison audience, all campus libraries will be closed by 1:00 today. Most did not open at all. UW Police reports that most campus buildings are not open today (though I'm not sure what exactly that boils down to).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It's coming down like crazy in Oshkosh. People are out everywhere, though. This city is nuts. I work at a financial inside a grocery store and the grocery store is packed.

I just got back from the grocery store in appleton, and yeah it was packed. I had a cart and the lady that bagged my groceries told me not to take the cart out in the snow.

There was some serious street flooding near the intersection of Green Bay Rd and Brown Deer Rd this morning. In one spot there was a pool about one and a half feet deep. I didn't realize it was that deep until I was in it, thankfully my car struggled and made it out the other side. Still, to see a puddle that deep and that wide in the middle of the street was unreal.

All of Craig's post-move posts have made me laugh! Can't wait 'til the 'Sconsinites can go at you in the middle of another gorgeous WI summer, harmann!

Yeah, but I can always come back with wearing shorts and not shovelling in January!! And in the middle of another gorgous WI summer means, what, the 3 weeks in July that it's above 60? Or is that the month of May when the snow FINALLY melts (after this year, at least).

It's 73 in San Antonio and no snow on the ground, if anyone wants to move. :-) I don't envy any of you right now.

Yeah, you may not envy us now, but we'll be the ones laughing when you have 110 with high humidity and we are at 80. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif Then we'll get our heat wave, and we'll be equals, but eventually, it will go away here.

Back to winter in Wisconsin, I had to go out today. I was required to be at the Alliant Energy Center to work today at the circus. I was shocked how many people showed up for the two shows today. I think it was the only thing going on in the entire city of Madison today, so people came. The roads weren't horrible on the way, but I was forced to drive through some pretty deep water to get there. Driving home was a different story, really slick, but I did see more snow plows than cars, and that was before 9 PM.

Ooh ooh, there was a Weather Channel film crew on the lower part of Bascom Hill about a half hour ago. As we trudged north on Park St. toward our workplaces, the S.O. saw the camera lights and I recognized the blue TWC jacket on the guy with the microphone. We got him to wave at us and ask how's it going, but from across the street (through the snow) we couldn't tell which guy it was.

If anyone watched TWC this morning and saw who it was, please let me know.

This is the third time this week TWC has done a live spot from Madison. The roaming evening dude Jorma was on the Capitol Square last night and last Monday night. However, it looked like a different guy this morning. I guess better to be in the weather spotlight for snow than tornadoes or something.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived