Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunburn only happens when you aren't prepared for the sun. Wear sunblock. It's your fault if you get burnt. You do put a coat on when you go outside in the cold, right? Put a different kind of coat on in the summer. The kind that sinks in to your skin.

That said, you'd take 3 months of freezing cold, not wanting to go outside weather versus a sunburn which goes away in a week? To each their own.

All this crap weather now, better make for an amazing day for opening day. Low 60s with sunshine and no wind would be perfect!

opening day was pretty good last year...besides the rain in the morning. it got to near 60.

we are doomed for the next 5 openers

Sunburn only happens when you aren't prepared for the sun. Wear sunblock. It's your fault if you get burnt. You do put a coat on when you go outside in the cold, right? Put a different kind of coat on in the summer. The kind that sinks in to your skin.

That said, you'd take 3 months of freezing cold, not wanting to go outside weather versus a sunburn which goes away in a week? To each their own.

Yes, I would. A bad sunburn restricts you from doing pretty much anything that requires moving. And thank you for the speech on how to avoid a sunburn. I hadn't ever heard of a thing called sunscreen. I'll tell my friends, too.

More snow in line for late tonight and tomorrow. The experts are saying we're only going to see an inch or two here in Milwaukee, but from everything I've looked at online it appears this storm is coming further south than they had perviously thought. Any of our residential weather experts have a take?

Community Moderator

I can't see the Milwaukee area getting any more than 3 inches of snow. The models have shown the same thing for at least 3-4 days now, with the heaviest staying in central/northern WI.

4-6" for the Snow advisory counties

2-4" north of I-94

1-3" south of I-94

Someone is going to get a major snowstorm on Sunday night into Monday. Right now it looks like it will be the Indianapolis and Detroit areas with only flurries around here. Definitely one to keep an eye on though.

Yes, I would. A bad sunburn restricts you from doing pretty much anything that requires moving. And thank you for the speech on how to avoid a sunburn. I hadn't ever heard of a thing called sunscreen. I'll tell my friends, too.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that you needed a little advice since you have gotten sunburned so bad in the past that you couldn't even move. Oof.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that you needed a little advice since you have gotten sunburned so bad in the past that you couldn't even move. Oof.

It would seem logical that once a mod points out a condescension issue within a post, one wouldn't reply to that post with additional condescension.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

KINGMAN, AZ (2/13/08)-- The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning for Mohave County, with winds upwards of 30 mph and temperatures retreating from the unseasonably warm upper 60s from earlier this week back down to a high of only 45 degrees for Thursday. Thus, pitchleague has declared that winter is back.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It wasn't condescension. It was sarcasm. If that is no longer allowed I was unaware. Anyway, I was the one being talked down to.

So you see 4-6 for the advisory area tomorrow obsessed? That won't be enough to cancel classes, so why bother? haha

Oh, and we get it. Some people live in areas that are warmer. Woohoo. Can we go more than 7 posts without someone mentioning the temperature in California or Arizona now?

Oh, and we get it. Some people live in areas that are warmer. Woohoo. Can we go more than 7 posts without someone mentioning the temperature in California or Arizona now?

I'm pretty sure thats not needed. and pitchleague lives in AZ if I remember correctly. So him mentioning a weather warning we he lives would fit in this thread.

So what is in store for Sunday/Monday?

I've stopped looking at advance forecasts. I think today is the first day this year we didn't get snow...then again, tomorrow will make it up to us loyal shovelers.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Community Moderator

Everything still on track for tomorrow, shouldn't be a big deal for the Madison/Milwaukee areas, but be careful if you are going north

The storm for Sunday/Monday has gotten dangerously close in the latest model run, it now gives the Chicago area a solid snowstorm but not much for SE Wisconsin. However, any further movement to the Northwest would be trouble for Milwaukee--and especially Racine and Kenosha. Stay tuned.

That one should drag down even more cold air behind it, unfortunately. On a positive note, the Weather Channel is forecasting a high of 36 for February 22.

to be truthful, my weather update from KINGMAN, AZ is fake, although all information included is true. I just wrote it up on my own.

And, yeah, I thought it fit the thread because here it is a major cool down again. Thus, winter is back here in the desert, even if it is only for a few days.

I honestly was not trying to "rub it in" to folks up there in the motherland. Normally, I can't contribute to this thread but I thought it would make sense to do a bit of "complaining" about winter being back here after it looked like it was starting to warm up.

I'm sure the pitchers and catchers down here are "loving it" that winter has kinda followed them down here, so I thought it was appropriate.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

This is beyond entertaining. The National Weather Service is now calling for potentially 8-10 inches in the southeastern corner of Wisconsin Sunday-Sunday night.

I am on board with Hawing in that if this storm hits, we better get another storm to break the record of 109(?) inches in Milwaukee.

This is beyond entertaining. The National Weather Service is now calling for potentially 8-10 inches in the southeastern corner of Wisconsin Sunday-Sunday night.

I am on board with Hawing in that if this storm hits, we better get another storm to break the record of 109(?) inches in Milwaukee.

So were talking Kenosha and Racine?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Community Moderator

Just took a look at the new model run. I could see 6-10 inches of snow for Milwaukee/Racine/Kenosha starting sometime Sunday night. Maybe 3-6" for Madison or so.

However, it is important to note that the forecast track has been terribly inconsistent with this system. The track could come in farther northwest, so Madison would see the big numbers and Milwaukee would get rain/snow. Or, it could shift back to the southeast and nail Chicago instead. This one is still 3 days off, so we'll wait and see, but someone is going to get a big snowstorm (again).

The forecast high for Feb. 22 has been dropped to 34 degrees with a mix of rain/snow. :-(

So were talking Kenosha and Racine?

From the National Weather Service site

THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT SNOWSTORM TO AFFECT SOUTHEASTWISCONSIN SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT. AT THIS TIME...THE STORM IS

EXPECTED TO HEAD FROM THE LOWER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY TOWARD
INDIANA...A FAVORABLE TRACK FOR PRODUCING HEAVY SNOW OVER PORTIONS
OF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN. IF THE STORM FOLLOWS ITS PREDICTED
TRACK...THE SOUTHEAST QUARTER OF WISCONSIN COULD SEE 8 TO 10 INCHES
OF ACCUMULATION.

I hope that the southeast quarter only means Racine and Kenosha but I am doubting it. 
I am not a meteorologist so I cant say for certain. 
Good thing we have OWBC to keep us abreast of the situation

Archived