Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah suppose to have windchills of -40 tonite and maybe not get above zero tommorow in milwaukee. Did i hear we'll suppose to get 3-6 inches of snow on monday night? anyone else here that?

Yep, that was the advanced online forecast for Madison. On top of that, the authorities are panicking about the road conditions tonight because the wind is blowing the sand/salt off the roads leading to lots of slippery spots out there.

This is the winter that will be talked about for a very long time. Global warming? Pfft, it's freezing tonight.

Authorities worried

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I think I picked the best year to move away from Wisconsin...today I was driving my car with the sunroof open and windows down, enjoying the mid-60s weather. It's going to be upper 60s for most of next week.

http://lh6.google.com/joejoezz/R6uI2CO2pJI/AAAAAAAAAC4/2maXloNJZqQ/100_0441.jpg?imgmax=512

I love this one from obsessedwiththebrewcrew. They're are covers over the meters, yet there are cars parked in those spots. I also just love it when there is car parked in front of my house during a snow storm, so when the plows come through they go around these cars. These vehicles are plowed in and it's their problem yes, but now I have to deal with and shovel all that extra snow in front of my driveway entrance. With that said, why do so many damn people park their cars/trucks in front of houses? Because of that, it answers the question of why my street is the least plowed in our neighborhood. Ridiculous! I love the snow and have no problems driving in it, but I hate the city life when it snows. Too many idiots. Sorry for my little rant but I feel much better getting it out then screaming in my car when no one can hear me.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

Community Moderator

3-6 inches of snow looks like a good bet for Monday night. However, it will be very cold so it will be a really fluffy snow.

There's also a potential snow event for sometime in the Thursday range...and a decent shot of cold air again after that.

The 8-14 day outlook is not forecasting above-normal temperatures, so at least there is some hope for a warm-up.

How far can you look ahead owbc? Any idea when we can start melting some of this snow? I'm hoping it's soon because this is the worst winter I can remember with the combination of snow and bitterly cold temperatures.

Community Moderator
Even 7 days ahead you only can expect about 30% accuracy. So anything beyond that is speculation based on trends in the jet stream and whatever is going on over the Pacific Ocean. In the near future, I only see us adding to the snowpack, as I see no major warming trend even 10-15 days out from the long-range computer model that I look at.

I think I picked the best year to move away from Wisconsin...today I was driving my car with the sunroof open and windows down, enjoying the mid-60s weather. It's going to be upper 60s for most of next week.

Well, I think I know what I am going to go post about in the "What's bugging you?" Thread.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Community Moderator
Looks like 3-5" of very light fluffy snow starting tomorrow afternoon. So that will send Madison over the record. Another 2-4" from a system on Thursday evening/night will send Madison over 80" and Milwaukee over 70". Then more arctic air for Saturday. Then more light snow next Sunday. It will all melt eventually, but any warm up isn't going to start until February 20th or later.

Looks like 3-5" of very light fluffy snow starting tomorrow afternoon. So that will send Madison over the record. Another 2-4" from a system on Thursday evening/night will send Madison over 80" and Milwaukee over 70". Then more arctic air for Saturday. Then more light snow next Sunday. It will all melt eventually, but any warm up isn't going to start until February 20th or later.

Well I'm going to be optimistic and say its going to warm up considerably after the 20th. I hope....

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

All this crap weather now, better make for an amazing day for opening day. Low 60s with sunshine and no wind would be perfect!

Absolutely. I'm willing to forget about how bad this winter has been if I can get a perfect Opening Day forecast.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Boy, I think I'd kill to go anywhere sunny and warm right now. Heck, I'd take 50s and overcast at this point. I'm just tired of the snow. The piles on both sides of our driveway are insanely high at this point. Thank goodness we bought a snowblower at the beginning of December.

I can really see myself transplanting to a warmer climate some day. Of course, that won't be years from now, but I've lived here my whole life, and I think I hate winter a little bit more all the time.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Hey! Madison made the Weather Channel tonight. Their roaming dude Jorma (whose name I just don't get) was live in front of the Capitol, talking about the soon-to-be-superseded season snowfall record.

TLB is right. Alliteration is awesome.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived