Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any school districts operating today in southeast Wisconsin?

Madison schools are closed because of the wind chill warning, and most of the rest of south central Wisconsin followed suit. (Some districts in southwest Wisconsin are delaying two hours, as is Beloit.)

Of course, the state agencies carry on, thus so have I.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Any school districts operating today in southeast Wisconsin?

MPS is alive and kicking today!

And on a related note for our resident weather gurus, is this storm going to come north our way tomorrow afternoon? From what I hear our snow chance has lessened, but they still don't know where this thing is going yet?

Walking to class in that wind, it felt like being slapped in the face with a cheese grater.

I normally would never promote skipping class, but when I was in college these were the days that I would wake up, look outside, and go back to sleep with a slight grin on my face. There usually was about a 90% chance the professor wouldn't even show up, which would make me both cold and extremely angry. That is where the grin would come from as I crawled back underneath my blankets http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I miss college.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

This has been pretty much a wussy storm except for the cold and that itself doesnt even count as a storm. I never saw anything near blizzard conditions. Sure its cold but cripes its January. I think this winter is solid evidence of Global Cooling http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Yeah the blizzard conditions never happend. But it is crazy cold out, I was supposed to go to class today and decided to blow it off. I drive an hour to where I go to school, to freaking cold for me to get up at 5:30am and leave at 6:30am. So instead I slept in and got up at 9. And when I let me dogs out I was glad I made that decision, coldest day by far this winter.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Community Moderator

It was so so cold walking to class this morning. My hair froze--underneath my hat!

We did manage to avoid the blizzard conditions, as there was less snow than anticipated. Still quite a rare occurrence to get such a temperature drop!

As for the Thursday night/Friday storm, Winter Storm Watches have been posted for St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Detroit. I could see Chicago getting 3-5 inches, but Wisconsin should be largely spared. Maybe 2-4 in far SE Wisconsin with 1-2 in the rest of southern Wisconsin. Any northward shift could add to those numbers, but it gets more unlikely as the storm gets closer.

Another decent storm will come on Sunday/Monday, but we will be near the rain/snow line so it's too early to call that one.

My car door was literally frozen shut this morning. I can from Racine around 2-3pm yesterday, raining most of the way home. My wet car froze up from that last night and this morning. Lucky I had a bottle of DeIcer, sprayed my whole driver-side door, let it sit a few minutes, opened right up. Car started no problem, which I was surprised about.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

I'm very sorry to hear that BDK. I think it's something everyone should keep in mind, though. The storm part is over, but there was a large amount of ice that was under the snow, and now that the snow is plowed, the ice remains. And it's too cold for salt to do anything. I left for a meeting at about 7:30 this morning and the road I traveled on was just a big ice patch. Everyone be careful out there...it may be sunny, but it's still nasty.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

My Cousin is going to be released tomorrow, and should be ok. I want to give a great thank you to all people that gave well wishes his way. He has a broken rib, 3 cracked veribrate in his back, and a broken collar bone. He is in good spirits, and just wants to get back home. I personally want to thank all you Brewerfan people for your good thoughts. So to all you, I extend a great thank you, and take care in the future. Thanks again!

Whats up evryone. Another big storm heading towards Wisconsin? Obbsessed whats the latest on the storm and possible snow amounts? Espically up in Fond du Lac or so.

DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SUNDAY THROUGH FRIDAY

SNOW WILL SPREAD ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN SUNDAY NIGHT AHEAD OF

STRONG LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPING IN THE CENTRAL PLAINS...WITH

SEVERAL INCHES OF ACCUMULATION BY MONDAY MORNING.

THE SNOW WILL BECOME MIXED WITH FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND RAIN

MONDAY MORNING BEFORE CHANGING TO ALL RAIN MONDAY AFTERNOON. THE

WINTRY MIX WILL MAKE ROADS SLICK FOR THE MORNING COMMUTE MONDAY.

RAIN WILL CHANGE BACK TO SNOW TUESDAY AFTERNOON AS THE LOW CROSSES

NORTHERN WISCONSIN INTO SOUTHERN ONTARIO. SEVERAL INCHES OF

ACCUMULATION ARE EXPECTED BEFORE THE SNOW TAPERS OFF TUESDAY NIGHT.

noaa.gov

Sounds like a big mess to me but is there any chance this turns to all snow instead of Rain?

As of 4:00 PM today, Madison has officially received 60.1 inches of snow this season. The season snowfall record is 76.1" (1978-1979).

That means 16 inches more, over the next 2+ months, would tie the record; 16.1 FTW. I've decided that I want to see this happen.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived