Brewer Fanatic

Winter is back

brewers255
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding on to my earlier post about not wanting to run, I decided to give it a shot since it got above zero here. I put on 4 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 3 pairs of sock, huge thick gloves, stocking hat and hood, a scarf, and big sunglasses. Even with all that, it was impossible. I made it a half mile and I could hardly breathe. I'm in pretty good shape, but the cold made it impossible to get a breath. Every breath froze my glasses and by the time I got back, I couldn't feel my toes. Not my brightest idea ever.

Jimbo, if it's this cold tomorrow, don't go.

Jimbo, if it's this cold tomorrow, don't go.

I went today and it wasn't really all that bad, if you know how to prepare for it. Bumped into a friend I hadn't seen in a while and met a couple of new people. And took home some hardware to boot.

Reason #173 why winter is so annoying: If it's sunny out, it's bitterly cold. If it's "warm" out it's grey and cloudy.

You know that spring is getting closer when we have that first sunny day with temps in the 30's or low 40's.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

You know that spring is getting closer when we have that first sunny day with temps in the 30's or low 40's.
and thats why to me, spring is the best time of the year. You hit 45-50 you put on a light pull over brewers jacket, have the windows in the car rolled down a bit, you can drive about 10mph faster without worrying if you'll end up in the ditch and you're just feeling great....Just an awesome time of the year

In regards to snow clearing. I hear people in Milwaukee complaining, the Fox Cities complaining, Madison complaining. I drove in it last night and again this morning, it was awful (the roads) but that might have just been because it was a lot of snow and not because the people plowing are incompetent or lazy.

Community Moderator

I hope all of you are enjoying the nice day, because tomorrow will probably be the worst weather day of the year. All of SE Wisconsin is under a high wind watch, a wind chill advisory, and a winter storm watch for tomorrow and tomorrow night.

I'll simply post the forecast, it kind of speaks for itself:

Tuesday...Becoming very windy and much colder. Rain showers likely or chance of light snow in the morning...then snow and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Blowing snow in the afternoon...with near blizzard conditions possible. Snow may be heavy at times late in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 2 inches. Highs in the upper 30s. Temperatures falling into the teens in the afternoon. West winds 5 to 15 mph increasing to northwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts to around 55 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Tuesday Night...Bitterly cold. Much colder. Windy. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light snow in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Blowing snow through the night...with near blizzard conditions possible. Lows around 6 below. West winds 30 to 35 mph with gusts to around 55 mph decreasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph after midnight. Wind chill readings 25 below to 35 below zero.

That's fantastic news!! I can only hope that my commute from Milwaukee to Waukesha tomorrow after work will be at least an hour long. Winter is so much fun!!!!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Community Moderator
According to the NWS, there is the potential for an official blizzard (<1/4 mile visibility for 3+ hours) tomorrow afternoon if heavy snow does develop. Way too difficult of a forecast to say for sure at this point.

Community Moderator
If we're going to play the blame game, I'll just let you know that there will be another major winter storm somewhere in the Midwest on Thursday night into Friday. Right now, it looks like the heaviest snow will be south and east of the area, but the trends are moving the storm in our direction http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

So yeah, before looking at this thread I checked the Milwaukee/Sullivan NWS website and found all that stuff on tap (High Wind Warning, Winter Storm Watch, Wind Chill Advisory). It's probably never good news when three different "warning" colors apply to your county at once.

I've never dreaded winter. I actually generally like winter, at least compared to other extreme types of weather. But the pace of storms this season is starting to wear even me down.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived