Brewer Fanatic

Let's Make A Deal

TransMonk
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I didn't even think to offer that one.

Strange deal....a catcher was needed and a Mota needed to traded...but I have to say I'm surprised.

Would there have been any takers if I would have proposed that deal before it happened?

No Estrada was somewhat of a dissapointment, but he wasn't terrible and he had nagging elbow and knee injuries this year.(Apparently he did. We didn't find out until the end of the year.)

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Exactly. Maine for Sheets would be like Kazmir for... oh, wait.

maine is no kazmir. he was also in a much better pitcher's park than sheets, and it is widely believed he "overperformed" last season. I don't mean to imply he's bad at all, just that he's not in Sheet's zip code.

mets could easily work a deal for capuano, bush or vargas if they want another starter. The names that are being offered for sheets greatly undervalue him.

Gotay is a guy that might be attractive, though I don't know what positions he can play. Gomez would get points on potential. I don't know about milledge right now. I don't like the starters being mentioned, though the mets have some relievers that might be worthwhile.

Turnbow for Heilman doesn't favor the Brews. Turnbow was one of the big reasons that Coco was so dominating last year. He got knocked up in a few games, but the majority of his innings were dominating, especially earlier in the year when Ned's affinity for going "Joe Torre" on the relievers wasn't as overt. And, as mentioned by the Monk of NY, Gomez has the speed that would sizzle in Milwaukee. And I'm still enamored with Pelfrey. And as for those who point out that Sheets could become a Type A FA, the picks would cost the Brews a few million dollars, as well as Sheets' salary, as opposed to pre-arby prospects. Then again, I would get the Dodgy Fellows into a bidding war for his services, hoping to get Kemp, who I prefer wholly to anything NY can offer.

Archived