Brewer Fanatic

Hall possibly to Atlanta?

My relatives from Atlanta has said that they where listening to the Radio and rumors from there have the brewers sending Bill Hall to the Braves in exchange for RF Jeff Francouer, 2B Kelly Johnson and RP Rafael Soriano. Take it for what its worth.

Edit: Title. - Toby

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I read a Hall comment to Atlanta a couple of days ago -- I apologize, but I can't recall where I saw it. Essentially, I think it was more a writer speculating who the team could get to play CF, and Hall was one of many names. It was a small component of the article, and much more of a 'here's a list of guys that might work' type comment.

Francouer is a star in the making. He improved his BA as well as his OBP last season. I dont believe he is one bit overrated. His power was down but he still drove in 105 runs and walked 2 times as much as he ever did before. If it takes Sheets, id want a little more, maybe Mike Gonzalez - coming off surgery, or even better - joey devine. but if Hall can net him, what a steal.

Francoeur is vastly overrated...defensively he's good..but he's average at best with the stick

and as brewer fans, Hall is severely over-rated as well.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

i follow the braves pretty darn closely...they don't think he's the star some here are touting him...he's actually pretty similar to billy or crawford and can't play center, so he's not very valuable to a team that already has grosss/dillon/mench/hart, etc...

soriano interests me...and if we could get francouer and soriano for hall + prospects, i'd be all over it...but sheets+ hall for francouer and soriano would suck

Francouer has something on an Andruw Jones type vibe. Came up very very early lots of tools flashy defense has to grow into plate discipline. Adding Soriano would be a nice boost on the bullpen issue and the OF defense would take a nice step up with Corey shifting to CF. One would think that this type of deal would lock Braun in at 3rd, becasue of La Porta and how young that OF would be

I dont know about this rumor, it seems like we are getting back way too much. But the thing I cant believe is that people are actually citing Mench/Gross/Dillon as reasons NOT to make a deal. Come on people, those guys are 4th adn 5th OF types at best - and Im a big Gabe Gross fan.

I just got a Hall jersey for my b-day, so please, dont trade him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
To be fair, while Francouer currently is the offensive equal (most likely) of a Gross/Dillon platoon, I do think he has a ceiling that's a bit higher than that. If he continues to improve his walk rate, I could see a .270/.330/.500 line or so. His homeruns were down last year, but Turner isn't exactly a launching pad either.

Archived