Brewer Fanatic

If CoCo Leaves... Who Do You Want As Closer????

ryanbraun75

If the deal really is for 4 years 45 Mill. i don't believe the brewers are the team making that offer. If coco leaves, who is going to be our closer??

I vote Eric Gagne, Melvin tried to aquire him at the trade deadline for Gwynn and Jackson but failed to do so, he probably still has interest, and we can get him for much cheaper than coco.

If we go with a player in the organization id go with seth mcclung, but i think they will try to aquire someone.

I guess the thing with Gagne I'm thinking, is that coming to a relatively low-pressure market like Milwaukee might get him to revert back to something close to being a good closer. Other than him, I don't know of any really better options that are out there. I'd almost say the Brewers would be best off to go to a "closer by committee" situation in spring training and make someone earn the job.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

This is virtually the same thread, although you could play with semantics about a "who will be the closer" and "who do you want to be the closer" -- I'll direct traffic here:

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=9096?page=1

For all those who complain about "monster threads", you should really consider the following within Yuku.

Click on the navigation button in the upper right, click on Edit Layout, then go to Settings --> Preferences.

You'll see this:

Replies Per Page:

Select number of replies per topic page to show

Update the number of replies per page from 20 to a larger number (50 is my choice). Suddenly those monstrous threads aren't nearly as monstrous.

Archived