Brewer Fanatic

.300 club to be renamed the Metavante club. Do you care?

Saw that Metavate, a spin off M&I is going to sponsor the .300 club at MP in 2008. You can read the press release here.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Feed=ACBJ&Date=20071115&ID=7822786&Symbol=US:MI

My first reaction is good, the brewers get a little more corporate moola to spend on payroll. But I also thought that Miller Park is losing a little of it's charm. The .300 club was about the only area in the ballpark that wasn't already tagged with some corproate sponsorship. Between the Gehl club, TGIF, the Mercedes-Benz picnic area, the CITGO HR meter, the West Bend Mutal scoreboard in LF, etc. the whole place is one big freaking pop up advertisment.

I did like the .300 club because it was not corporate related and that I thought it had a cool motif with all the pictures of the Brewers that had hit .300 or better for the Brew Crew.

Frankly the name, the Metavante Club sucks, IMO.

So my question to you is, do you care at all about the atmosphere in Miller Park, or are you just happy the Brewers have a little more coin in the bank

I think I'd have compromised a bit and called it Metavante .300 Club.

Actually, the part I think that sucks is that this isn't a well known company, at least to those outside of the Milwaukee area, and I don't think I know how to pronounce that name.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think I'd have compromised a bit and called it Metavante .300 Club.

Actually, the part I think that sucks is that this isn't a well known company, at least to those outside of the Milwaukee area, and I don't think I know how to pronounce that name.

met-AH-VAHN-tay

And it doesn't matter to me either way... I really don't like the .300 club. Too sterile.

I used to work for Metavante when it was "M&I Data Services"... I like the place, especially after tailgating in 90 + heat, good to pop in before a game, let the AC cool you down for a bit, have an actual cocktail (athough there are several kiosks that serve disturbingly measured mixers in the park now).. Anyway, if it brings the team some $$ they could name it "wacky fun time giggle juice and eats emporium" for all I care..

I like the Mentavante .300 Club that sounds good. But to be honest who cares. It gets some renovation inside and remodeling for the upcoming season, to add some glitz and glamor to it, and we get some cash to help with other things at Miller Park (weather or not it goes to payroll not sure)

Archived