Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Jason Kendall -- 1 year/$4.25 mil guaranteed, up to 2 years/$10.25 mil possible

splitterpfj
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to single you out, but how about we knock him for being chronically injured rather than assume he'll be better when healthy? Like many here do with Sheets.
Because Estrada played through his injuries and didn't remove himself from every third game because of a hangnail/ear infection/ blister/ pulled fat/ ingrown toenail/ etc

In fact no one here knew how injured he was until after the season. Ben Sheets...not so much.

One benefit to signing Kendall is that it could get Hardy out of the 2-hole. JJ still hasn't learned to go the other way. He's still the same player as a few years ago when he stated that he was a pull hitter, and always would be. However, against weaker pitchers, he can pound their mistakes. Against good pitchers that work the outside corner, he'll always struggle with his current approach.

Not to single you out, but how about we knock him for being chronically injured rather than assume he'll be better when healthy? Like many here do with Sheets.
Because Estrada played through his injuries and didn't remove himself from every third game because of a hangnail/ear infection/ blister/ pulled fat/ ingrown toenail/ etc

In fact no one here knew how injured he was until after the season. Ben Sheets...not so much.

I don't care how he goes about it, if he's injured often and its effecting his preformance, then you factor it into the equation.

I am sorry but I don't feel like going through the last 15 pages to find it and I can't find it anywhere else.

Did anyone hear the terms of the deal yet.

I thought I heard that it was a one year deal that included an option for a second year that could be achieved by reaching certain marks (I am assuming number of games played), but I did not hear any numbers that were involved

I am sorry but I don't feel like going through the last 15 pages to find it and I can't find it anywhere else.

Did anyone hear the terms of the deal yet.

I thought I heard that it was a one year deal that included an option for a second year that could be achieved by reaching certain marks (I am assuming number of games played), but I did not hear any numbers that were involved

It is a one year deal with an option for the second year. I don't beleive any salary number have been given out becuase he hasn't taken his physical yet.

That's a relatively nice job by DM & Co. with the dollars. Good to see he was < $6 mil.

I agree. I was hoping they didn't pay more than 6 or so. Not a bad signing for the first year of the contract. We'll have to see how the 2nd year (if it happens) works out. Nice job DM.

I'll be honest here guys. I hate this move. I liked Estrada for the most part, though clearly he's not a "great" catcher. With so few quality catchers out there, I would have rather stuck with Estrada/Miller for another year (if Miller does come back, supposedly he's been telling people in LaCrosse he will be back if the Brewers want him), unless it truly was a major personality problem. I think the biggest thing I liked about him was his attitude; he has a "fire" in him that the Brewers have been lacking for a long time and I think every good team needs a guy that is willing to give somebody a kick in the rear if it is needed. Hopefully Prince can be that guy going forward, but I think even though he is well respected in the game and on the team he is still very young, and older guys may not respond as well to a 23yo as they would to a more veteran player.

As for Kendall. I used to like him back when he was with Pittsburgh. He used to be good, and his career numbers are good, but I think he is only a shell of what he once was.

well, I'm glad it isn't for a ton of money, but I don't think Kendall is really going to produce. He is and was one of my favorite players, but he is getting old, hopefully he can have another good year in the sun.

slobberknocker,

i wasn't a fan of estrada, but i completely agree with you about the "fire," however, there has to be something wrong with the guy, he has played for 4 teams in 4 years, there is something wrong.

Archived