Brewer Fanatic

Erik Bedard

parra has the third highest talent level on the team behind sheets and gallarado...

of course, he's the highest injury by far...and he's never pitched a full season...ever...so

trading him while he's healthy might be a wise move...though i'm not saying that he's guaranteed to get hurt...i'll happily keep him...he's just very likely to miss a lot of time

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Pogo is referring to pitching when he says Parra has the 3rd most talent he's probably right. The whole problem with prospects is they are just that. Last year at this time probably 8 out of 10 scouts preferred Homer Bailey to Gallardo. My guess this year is it would be the other way around.

Bailey was considered by many the next great pitcher last year. He should make the Reds this year but it's no guarantee. He still projects as a good future major leaguer but they are considering trading him now and he's no guarantee to dominate.

That's why if we can get a proven commodity for Parra we should do it. We are contending now and we have already seen with the Inman, Garrison, Thatcher deal that you have to give to get.

Archived