Brewer Fanatic

Bonds indicted for perjury and obstruction

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree, it is not too late. I would rather have the record taken away than have it never be broken. Had he been indicted last season, we would have sit through an eternity of "Barry the victim," the "white man stole the black man's moment," and a host of other nonsense theories ... this is exactly the way I wanted this to happen, other than Bonds tearing his ACL after 754.

well it sure is a shame, he will never be remembered for the great player that he was. He will only ever be remembered for this, he was a great player with or with out the steroids and would have been in the hall if he never took them. this is a shame indeed,

thanks for the memories barry.

ESPN.com has a pdf file of the actual indictment document on its website. I have yet to look through it, but for you legal eagles out there, here it is.

What really concerns me is what Major League Baseball will do or say in response to this indictment. Heck, they banned Pete Rose for gambling. You all think they will do the same with Bonds? You really can't delete his record from the record books, heck a lot of industries and countries have bad parts of their histories that they will not "delete" from its education books.

Reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Stewie and Brian are in Germany for a tour and it went something like this:

Brian: I am enjoying this brochure history pamphlet, but there seems to be a blank between 1939-1945.

Tour Guide: THEY WERE ON VACATION!

Brian: What are you talking about? The Germans....

Tour Guide: THEY SPENT A LOT OF DAYS ON THE BEACH!

Brian: You know Germany is famous for brew pubs.

Tour Guide: Ah yes....

If they choose to delete his record, it would be in complete denial of what really went wrong with baseball during the steroid era. Rose's record is still there, so I am pretty sure they won't delete Bonds' home run record. The record will likely be broken in a few years anyway by ARod.

MelGroceryStocker, it does seem to me that Anderson is the one who wanted to put an end to this charade, as stated in the document for "background."

Gambling didn't help Pete Rose in getting hits. I am no Rose fan, I'm indifferent towards his HOF induction ... there's just no way baseball is going to legitimize a record after it's proven inauthentic in a court of law.

You don't have to wipe out everyone else's records, I don't get why anyone is saying that. If Bonds is convicted, you erase Bonds' records. Each case would have to be tried on its own. Just because Bonds goes down, doesn't mean every single player suspected of using steroids will go down. They would each have to be tried separately.

Archived