Brewer Fanatic

If the Mets are interested in Haren

aracko

and are willing to pay (as MLB TRADE RUMORS says) Milledge, John Maine, and Aaron Heilman, then it would be an absolute no brainer in my opinion that we offer him Benny Sheets for that same price.

In Maine your getting a future Ace and a guy ready for the Show right now, in Milledge your getting a future star who has all the tools to man our hole in LF for the next 10 years - Hart and Milledge in the corners......that is sweet..... and in Heilman you get your closer - probably an all star one at that.

and are willing to pay (as MLB TRADE RUMORS says) Milledge, John Maine, and Aaron Heilman, then it would be an absolute no brainer in my opinion that we offer him Benny Sheets for that same price.

In my opinion, Haren's worth more than Sheets:

- Haren's 27 years old

- Haren's had at least 217 IP over each of the past 3 seasons

- Haren's under contract through '09 with a reasonable team option for 2010

- Haren's only making 4M in 2008

Isn't Haren under their control then for another 3 years, as opposed to Ben for one? And isn't it 3 years at $15mil while Ben will for all intents and purposes cost that for one year? And finally, I still am not a fan of that deal. Let Beane make the deal. I pass.

Archived