Brewer Fanatic

Radio Rumor about a 4 Way Trade Potentially Set in Place

TheBrewer
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, judgemental much? How do we know he didn't hear a clip on the radio about this. I love how some are jumping to the worst possible conclusion on this. Perhaps a radio station was just tossing out trade ideas like many on here do. Let's hold off on giving him the Barry Bonds treatment (brewerfan.net style).

Hey, I'll take a whole team of guys with "attitude problems" if they put up numbers like Ryan did last year.

Well i like players with class and good sportsmanship, it doesn't seem like anyone cares about that anymore, Bo Ryan played his starters last night until 2 or 3 minutes left when they were ahead the whole game by a ton, starting out the game 17-0, and Hughes was still pressuring the Savanahh St. PG up the floor. No I know that most say they are men and they can deal with it, and that is true, I just wish athletes were more courteous these days and show more class. After every single tackle in football, we have to watch dances and celebrations, Atari Bigbie dances for 5 minutes after he makes an open field tackle.

Sportsmanship is a lost art in all of sports.

Hey, I'll take a whole team of guys with "attitude problems" if they put up numbers like Ryan did last year.

Well i like players with class and good sportsmanship, it doesn't seem like anyone cares about that anymore, Bo Ryan played his starters last night until 2 or 3 minutes left when they were ahead the whole game by a ton, starting out the game 17-0, and Hughes was still pressuring the Savanahh St. PG up the floor. No I know that most say they are men and they can deal with it, and that is true, I just wish athletes were more courteous these days and show more class. After every single tackle in football, we have to watch dances and celebrations, Atari Bigbie dances for 5 minutes after he makes an open field tackle.

Sportsmanship is a lost art in all of sports.

So what? Ryan was supposed to take his starters out after 5 minutes of the game? There is a reason why his starters were in there till 3 minutes left in the game. They do have other games coming up, namely Duke in 11 days. You can't just play your starters 10-15 minutes in every game leading up to the Duke game, and then expect them to automatically be able to play 25-30 minutes against Duke. And what are they supposed to do? Sit back and watch the other team drive to the basket while they are picking their butts? Players play hard while on the floor/field. It's the time that you relax that an injury occurs. Don't you think these opposing teams schedule these games knowing there is a good chance they will get blown out?

And as for the celebrations... I'm not a big fan of those either, but let the guys have fun. They aren't showing anybody up. It's professional football. Almost everybody does it. Bigbie dances when he makes a tackle. Other receivers spike or spin the ball, or signal first down or whatever when they make a good catch. Defensive linemen dance when they make a sack. The NFL is trying to make their guys robots as it is(fining them for not strapping chin strap, not wearing socks at right height, not tucking in jersey properly, not wearing the proper color cleats). The guys are out their putting their bodies at risk weekly. Why not allow them to have a little fun while they are at it?

As far as Braun goes, I don't think he has an attitude problem. I'm still in the boat of people who think he is just very confident. He's a nice guy off the field and he works hard off the field. If he continues to flip his bat and stare into the dugout, he will learn quick enough not to do that because he'll be getting plunked every other game.

Upton had a DUI and a couple misconstrued quotes, that has been it. He does not have an attitude problem just because he was friends with Delmon Young and Elijah Dukes coming up through the Rays' system. He is very open to learning and strives to be a great player. That is exactly the type of player I would want, but unfortunately I do not see him coming to Milwaukee any time soon.

After every single tackle in football, we have to watch dances and celebrations, Atari Bigbie dances for 5 minutes after he makes an open field tackle.
I know we're supposed to keep football/Packer talk on LambeauLeap, but I couldn't pass this one up:

Atari Bigbie would never dance for five minutes. Reason 1: he would not be able to make an open field tackle because he would have been flagged for defensive holding/illegal contact first.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

upton thinks he is bigger than the game, his brother does too, they both think their poop doesn't stink. So I think that is an attitude problem, but I think Braun has the same issue.

Not so sure this is comparable. Braun is definitely cocky but I haven't heard anyone ever question his effort.

I trust the info I received about his attitude as more being frustrated with his defense and him not showing a lot of emotion which comes off as being lazy. He has only had a DUI, no other off field or on field issues.

Here is a great article about the Upton brothers strive to being great and the love they have for the game of baseball. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/070412

Here is another great interview by Baseball Prospects that asks him about among other things his misconstrued attitude. http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=2955

Here is a piece from the interview: BP: You think you're more laid back than most players?

Upton: Yeah. There you go. I'm probably a lot more laid back than most players. I'll lose it every once in a while, but I'm not one of those guys that really tries to let people know I'm a little frustrated. Usually, when something happens, I'll probably be frustrated when it first happens, but maybe a minute or two later, I'm fine and back to normal. I don't get frustrated that much.

BP: Do you think your relaxed attitude is more a product of your age, or just general personality?

Upton: General personality. I've been like this my whole life, and it comes off as lazy to some people.

BP: Does it frustrate you when people call you lazy?

Upton: Yeah. I mean, if I was lazy, I wouldn't be getting better at anything I was doing. But, whatever. However they feel, however they want to take my attitude, doesn't matter to me. I just know how I am, and I'm not lazy at all. I'm just a really relaxed guy. I've never been too "all out," I'm not that kind of person.

Here is a piece from the interview:

Generally speaking employees are always going to view their "laid back" attitude as a positive characteristic

while, the employers may need to see a little more urgency.

I am not saying he has a bad attitude -- but he has definitely raised some red flags, and for his own good should

probably get less laid back about it.

So what? Ryan was supposed to take his starters out after 5 minutes of the game? There is a reason why his starters were in there till 3 minutes left in the game. They do have other games coming up, namely Duke in 11 days. You can't just play your starters 10-15 minutes in every game leading up to the Duke game, and then expect them to automatically be able to play 25-30 minutes against Duke. And what are they supposed to do? Sit back and watch the other team drive to the basket while they are picking their butts? Players play hard while on the floor/field. It's the time that you relax that an injury occurs. Don't you think these opposing teams schedule these games knowing there is a good chance they will get blown out?

well, maybe that isn't a good example, would you like me to pick another one, how about Grinell college, the whole point of my post wasn't about the Badgers...

what's been the general history--has it been better to trade a top-flight pitcher before all the free agents are signed, or after?

I only wonder if DM has it in his head that he needs to trade Sheets as soon as possible (for Cordero $ and FAs he's eyeing...) that he would be willing to take a somewhat lower trade return for him. I think mostly because it would obviously be a gigantic shift in offseason decision-making with Sheets being traded now vs. him leaving when teams have most of their roster set for 2008 and the FAs are gone.

to the Yankees thing, i don't buy much into them sticking with Cashman's plan of rebuilding through their prospects. i think that with the Red Sox becoming even more dominant and the additional year that the Yankees haven't actually won the World Series, they're going to move a bit back to their old ways of trading young players and buying everyone--so maybe not both Joba and Hughes, but I definitely see one of them moving.

to the Yankees thing, i don't buy much into them sticking with Cashman's plan of rebuilding through their prospects.

Disagree with ya here. Ca$hman has fought for years to get this, & now he finally has it. And by the way, the quotes about the pitchers not being available is from the Steinbrenners.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The problem is as much as Cashman fought, he now has a manager that will likely overwork his pitchers.

Bingo. Anyone want to predict odds on which of the three youngsters will be hurt first? How about which one will have their career destroyed by being run into the ground? Maybe the Yankees should sign Kerry Wood just to give the kids some perspective and console them along the way...

Wow, judgemental much? How do we know he didn't hear a clip on the radio about this. I love how some are jumping to the worst possible conclusion on this. Perhaps a radio station was just tossing out trade ideas like many on here do. Let's hold off on giving him the Barry Bonds treatment (brewerfan.net style).

Radio stations have frequencies, cities of origin, and call letters. Announcers have names. With even one piece of information, it would be easy to verify what was said on a certain day, but without any shred of info other than "southern Illinois" it's basically impossible, so forgive me if I'm a tad skeptical on this one.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I was down in Champaign if that helps, but for those of you that really want more info, I was flipping through looking for sports talk, because I am from the Milwaukee area so I'm not familar with their stations down there, heard it as I was flipping through, as soon as it finished, they went on comercial break, I then went into pay for my gas at a gas station, came back out a few minute later, comerical yet, so I kept flipping.

and to be "skeptical", how many "potential rumors" do you hear on this board. Yea more of them have links to online sources, maybe a forum, or ESPN insider etc, but it's still not factual nor written in stone that its going to happen... I guess next time when I "makeup" my "skeptical" rumor, maybe I can make a fake website for it or open up a fake forum to provide that link for you.. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'd make this trade in second....for Crawford or Upton.

Who ever said Hall is equal to Crawford is smoking some pretty good stuff. Hall had one good season under his belt and he was awful last season. Crawford is better then Hall in everyway except power.

I'd really be shocked if TB traded Upton and I'd be even more shocked if the Brewers went after him. He's another superstar in the making, but he's a serious head case. I don't think our FO wants a guy like Upton in our clubhouse around our young players. Crawford on the other hand is a good fit.

BTW - I really really doubt our Brewers will make any blockbuster trades this year. I seriously expect us to find a couple above average RP's and an average OF to replace Jenkins. Maybe we'll get a Suppan type signing but that is it. The brewers don't gamble with money, they are a conservative club, and would rather take a gamble on the team we have playing better. At least then if we don't make the playoffs the team doesn't lose money. This team is banking on the younsters.

I'd make this trade in second....for Crawford or Upton.

Who ever said Hall is equal to Crawford is smoking some pretty good stuff. Hall had one good season under his belt and he was awful last season. Crawford is better then Hall in everyway except power.

I'd really be shocked if TB traded Upton and I'd be even more shocked if the Brewers went after him. He's another superstar in the making, but he's a serious head case. I don't think our FO wants a guy like Upton in our clubhouse around our young players. Crawford on the other hand is a good fit.

Hall's career line .264/.320/.467

Crawford's career line: .296/.331/.439

Yes Crawford has speed but Hall is an infielder. Hall is signed for below market for 4 years compared to three. Unless you're a fantasy player, they are pretty much equal.

Archived