Brewer Fanatic

Nugget Time?

For some reason, I love the wheeling and dealing that goes on in any sport. So with that in mind, teams are finalizing their 25 and 40 man rosters and have gotten me thinking about the 'ol Nugget Miner. A quick glance at the Brewers' 40 man shows them with only 35 players on it. So if Spurling makes the roster that's 36, if not 35. The 25 man roster is set and let's assume that Doug keeps one spot open on the 40 for flexibility. That gives him 3-4 spots for nuggets. Albeit, nuggets with options remaining so that we could option them to the minors. Do guys like that get waived? Any ideas? Am I way off base or making a fatal assumption?

there's no reason for Doug to add anyone that's not on the 25 man roster until after the season, so your looking at a team that ha the flexibility to add 2-3 waiver claims at some point in the near future....i'm sorta surprised they havent already

Archived