Brewer Fanatic

WIAA Football Championship

Mike Felder

Yeah, I honestly thought New London might have been the worst team Wisco played all year. If not, they were definitely in the bottom three. I don't know, maybe they just had a bad performance today, but it was tough to believe that they were 12-1. As a fan, I'm glad the Wisco game was a blowout, but none of the games this year were even close! That's not good.

It was enjoyable to watch Echols make the kid fall at the goal line though. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif He really had a stellar year.

Not bragging...just sayin here was my post before the kickoff of the D-7 game...should have played the parlay:

I'll play:

7: E-S

6: Stratford (be there 5th straight!)

5: Aquinas

4: West Salem

3: Wis Luth

2: Kimberly

1: Arrowhead

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I can't believe Arrowhead won in the way they did. Dominating, hell Homestead may not even scored if they would've called that fumble at about the 10 correctly. And 93 and 78 yard runs in the second half? Sweet.

I'm an Iola-Scandinavia alum ('99). In my four years on the team we were 28-2 in conference play, and we always end up running into Stratford or Edgar in the playoffs. The Red Sox had the curse of the Bambino, and we have the "Curse of highway 29." Every year we lose in the playoffs to a team on or near Highway 29 (my senior year it was Owen-Withee, 21-19). Our only other state appearance was in the fall of 1999, and we lost to Edgar. We were undefeated too this year until the championship game. Ick.

Our coach (Scott Erickson) is a huge fan of Joe Gibbs, so we ran the football alot with gap and counter-trey plays. Even though we're a smaller school, there is no shortage of big dudes to play the line (thanks to our outstanding weightlifting program). When I played, the average weight of our o-line was 260lbs. I was bringing the average down at a puny 210 at center.

Congrats to all the teams!

Gruber Lawffices

Archived