Brewer Fanatic

Ho Hum, another conspiracy, Ned Yost NOT named manager of the year -- Bob Melvin wins

Fatter than Joey

Would The Guy on the Couch happen to also be Ned's eventual replacement...? I can see the headlines now:

"Yost Found Dead After Waking Guy on the Couch"

Hmm... is that leather or vinyl, FTJ? Leather might take a little too much out of the "replenish the pen fund."

how could the writers not vote for Ned, he really caught my eye as one of the best managers in baseball when in Atlanta he put in the "clutch" Craig Counsell because the numbers said that Counsell could hit Tim Hudson, I'm so glad that I wasn't manager because I probably would have played Weeks, and he has never gotten a hit off Counsell, I mean, how big of an idiot am I to think that a guy who had hit three homers in three games should be playing against the Braves?

The most obvious vote outside of AL MVP.

Hang on ... Al's the MVP around here..?

You bring up a good point, FTJ... but then again - that could be how Ned gets "replaced." He wakes up Guy on the Couch to throw at Pujols and instead gets eaten in a fit of rage.

But you know... I was thinking something a tad... classier:

http://uk.gizmodo.com/cabernet%20couch.jpg

Let's summarize. In his 5 years as Brewer manager Ned has received:

Zero 1st place votes

Zero 2nd place votes

9 3rd place votes

Out of 160 ballots cast since 2003, his name has been left off of 151 of them.

All this proves is that blind squirrels do not always find acorns.

Yeah you guys are completly right about Yost. His decisions are way off based I mean take the managers of the year in the playoffs for instance. I mean its not like Bob Melvin would be so crazy to start Jeff Salazar over Justin Upton in game one of the ALDS, just like Yost started Counsell over Weeks in Atlanta. Eric Wedge would be a complete idiot if he clearly left his top 2 relievers of Perez and Betancourt in too long for game 7 of the ALCS against the Red Sox's, just like Yost would stick with Turnbow too long in clutch situations. Moreover, there is no way in heck that Wedge would pinch-hit Trot Nixon in the playoffs knowing full well that Francona would bring in a left hander to counter him, I mean how did he expect Nixon to succeed in this situation? ( Just like Yost leaving in Mench against the Cubs in the 9th inning instead of pinch hitting Jenkins). I am not supporting all of those decisions by Yost, but you are dead wrong if you think a new manager is just magically gonna come in and make all the right decisions!

Archived