Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Sign Randy Choate; 40-Man Roster Now At 35

Crew2323
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does this mean they may not bring back Shouse?

A lefty sidearmer... perhaps Billy Castro and Maddux can work some magic with this guy as well

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Not a bad signing given the MLB vs. Minor splits. If Shouse is on the team, I'm guessing it'll be Stetter and Choate battling for the next LOOGY spot. I don't see them having the three on the 25 man (I could be wrong). If nothing else, this gives us some depth at AAA...or we could still have Thatcher.

So does this mean they may not bring back Shouse?

I doubt it -- they may not bring back Shouse, but signing Choate, I don't think has anything to do with it.

Didn't they sign Shouse to a 2-yr. contract before last season? If I'm remembering that correctly, he's already signed -- I think for about $1.5M for '08.

So he's already back -- no "bringing" involved. He's only NOT coming back if he gets traded or released in Spring Training.

He will be a nice guy to have on our AAA roster until rosters expand in September. Then instead of trading for a "Ray Kingish" guy we can just go and make a call to Choate.

Its good job of thinking ahead. I am pretty positive that woudl be the plan with this guy.

Didn't they sign Shouse to a 2-yr. contract before last season? If I'm remembering that correctly, he's already signed -- I think for about $1.5M for '08.

As MH points out Shouse is arby eligible.

My point was though signing Choate is probably independent of they will end up doing with Shouse one way or the other.

Archived