Brewer Fanatic

BOOK: Brewers Essential: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Real Fan

Got this email in the inbox today, so I figured I'd pass this on:

Do you think you are a pretty big Milwaukee Brewers fan? Okay, who threw the first no-hitter in franchise history? How about the team's first Rookie of the Year? If you said Juan Nieves and Pat Listach, you qualify. If you didn't, you may need a refresher course. Either way, you're going to definitely want this book!

The Milwaukee Brewers are one of baseball's favorite franchises, and everything you need to know about them is in Brewers Essential: the heroes, the villains, the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat, the great hitters and pitchers, and the memorable flakes.

Looking for a handy reference for milestones in Brewers history? It's here, as are the greatest moments and biggest disappointments, the biggest goats and the biggest heroes, and all the personalities that make the Brewers such an endearing and captivating team: Hall of Famers Robin Yount, Paul Molitor, and Rollie Fingers; Gorman Thomas and the rest of Harvey's Wallbangers; and today's and tomorrow's stars such as Carlos Lee, Brady Clark, Prince Fielder, and Tony Gwynn Jr.

There's also trivia, top-10 lists, biographies, and compelling "What if" scenarios that will jumpstart your imagination.

Promotions

- Tom Haudricourt interviews on Wisconsin sports and news talk as well as nationally syndicated radio networks such as Sporting News Radio, Fox Sports Radio, and ESPN Radio

- Features and/or reviews in Wisconsin area newspapers, such as the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Wisconsin State Journal, and Green Bay Press-Gazette

- Reviews and/or features in such national print outlets as Sports Illustrated, USA Today Sports Weekly, The Sporting News, Baseball America, and ESPN magazine

The book's by Tom Hardiocourt with a foreword by Gorman Thomas. It ships on Feb 29, 2008... ISBN #978-1-57243-947-4 ... Retail price will be $19.95

Do you think you are a pretty big Milwaukee Brewers fan? Okay, who threw the first no-hitter in franchise history? How about the team's first Rookie of the Year? If you said Juan Nieves and Pat Listach, you qualify.

I qualify. Does that mean I shouldn't buy the book?

I admit, my enthusiasm waned a bit upon seeing the author's name. Knee-jerk reaction.

However, to be fair, I am reading his collection of stories on the '82 Brewers and am learning some factoids I didn't know before. Like Mike Caldwell never traveling without ketchup.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I read a book on the Brewers once by Tom Skibosh...it was a while ago and I didn't think it would be that good but there were some decent stories and stuff in it, if you're into that kind of thing I would probably check it out. It's short and kind of funny, I think it's called 'If you wanna have fun, go someplace else'

Archived