Brewer Fanatic

Jacques Jones to Tigers for Infante

Infante is not all that unlike Bill Hall. Was a regular in big leagues at age 22 on that awful Tiger team of 04. Can play anywhere. Won't put up monster numbers but hits well enough to be useful. Is not great defensively but not a wreck either. Put it this way, I'd take him anyday over Craig Counsell as a utility guy.

Cubs needed to clear Jones. Fukodome is their main target.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Infante is like Hall until you look at power. Infante has none at all and Hall has some. And if that Crawford rumor is true then the Cubs will need another middle infielder to take TheRiot's place.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Jenkins will be terrible in SD, he fits in KC much better.

I agree. The ball never leaves the park in San Diego. Jenkins also won't get the same playing time either.

However, maybe at this point in his career, he would rather be with a contender. He is also a California native.

.However, maybe at this point in his career, he would rather be with a contender. He is also a California native.

I thought he was from Washington and went to school in California. Unless you meant he lives there now.

.However, maybe at this point in his career, he would rather be with a contender. He is also a California native.
I thought he was from Washington and went to school in California. Unless you meant he lives there now.

Yup, Jenkins was born in Olympia. However, he went to High School in Rancho Cordova, California, and college at USC.

Lyle Overbay grew up in Centralia, Washington.

too live brew, take that crap off. I can't stand it whenever he gets a hit he does that stupid point and then smiles, gosh I'm glad to have him gone!

I suspect this deal will make more sense as the Cubs get another OF with both Floyd and Jones gone.

from everything I have read their number one priority is fukudome.

There are also rumors that they will sign Kaz Matsui to try and lure in fukudome, that is a ton of middle if's

Archived