Brewer Fanatic

Braun named Rookie of the Year in closest NL vote ever

DannoMac21
somebody mentioned that Braun is Albert Pujols good and I agree with that. I can not look it up at work, but didn't Pujols play 3B (and some OF and 1B) during his rookie season? If I remember correctly, he wasn't that great of a fielder at the hot corner, either. Once he was given a full-time position (1B) he really took off.

Pujols was fine at 3B, he wasn't very good in the outfield. He seemed to be moved more due to the Cardinals believing as he'd gain weight he wouldn't be able to manage 3B and they wanted to move him right away.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's a big surprise that Braun would do what is best for the team. When it comes time for him to look at free agency, his it won't matter where he plays (if he can upgrade his defense)...he'll get paid a crazy amount of money. So it's good for Braun and the Brewers.

Interesting that Melvin said if they sign a free agent or make a trade. It doesn't appear that Hall is being considered to go back to third or Melvin maybe just didn't mention him.

Archived