Brewer Fanatic

How do we get Luke Scott?

joshjs
If we were able to get Riske and Franklin (In the Rolen deal), we wouldn't really need any extra bullpen arms.

If they were willing to take Vargas for Scott I would do it in a second.

Scott as a 4th outfielder has more value to me than Vargas as the long reliever. (In other words, I would see no reason to trade Bill Hall)

If we could get Scott for Vargas I'd do it in a second and then trade Hall for more relief help. I'd prefer Scott to Hall and we could bat Scott 2nd and move Rolen to 6th. Braun-Hart-Scott outfield. *drools*

I'm all for a trade where you clearly are getting the most value in return, so...maybe.

I would have concerns about scott, since he's a nutjob. not an elijah dukes type of nutjob, but a "posse commitatus" [sp?] type of survivalist- run away to the wilderness with an 18-wheeler-full of guns-type of nutjob.

I'm all for a trade where you clearly are getting the most value in return, so...maybe.

I would have concerns about scott, since he's a nutjob. not an elijah dukes type of nutjob, but a "posse commitatus" [sp?] type of survivalist- run away to the wilderness with an 18-wheeler-full of guns-type of nutjob.

Where do you get this from? From what i have read about him, he's an outdoorsman. Is he passionate? Sure, but that doesn't make him a nutjob.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Padres are closing in on Scott. Mets already have Church. Braves are closing in on DeJesus. Cubs rumored close to getting Teahan.

LF options are being snapped up all over. Whatever happened to Randy Winn?

LF options that couldn't come close to the offensive production Braun could give as a left fielder if the Brewers can acquire a solid third baseman that is adequate offensively and good defensively.

Last I checked players like Kearns, Kemp, Ethier, Ibanez, Swisher, haven't been traded yet, and their names keep surfacing as being available - if you're looking for other outfielders for the Brewers to trade for. Based on Braun's year defensively at 3rd in 07, I don't see how looking for a third baseman isn't a better option.

I totally forgot about Kearns, and I've been one of the biggest proponents of his. With Dukes, Millegde and Pena also in the fold, you'd have to think that'd be an option.

They have already said Kearns is on the block. I'd still prefer Rolen but an outfield of Braun, Hart and Kearns with Hall moving back to 3rd would look pretty awesome to me.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/12/padres-closing.html

UPDATE, 12-4-07 at 10:07pm: According to Ken Rosenthal, the Padres and Astros were unable to reach an agreement on Scott.

UPDATE, 12-4-07 at 9:15pm: Talks are ongoing. Chase Headley and Matt Antonelli won't be involved, but names like Nick Hundley, Will Venable, Josh Geer, and Wade LeBlanc have been mentioned.

Maybe Lou Palmso could solve our outfield WOAHS and a pitcher like Dave Bush and one of our outfield prospects.

Archived