Brewer Fanatic

Geoff Jenkins shows some real class

markedman5
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The worst part about Jenks missing the 'B' status by one player - the player above him? Nick Johnson, who didn't play a single game in 2007.

ARRRGHH!!! So, in other words, the FA status thing is almost entirely a crapshoot that relies on archaic modes of evaluation. Awesome.

hawing - I knew someone'd bring that up. My brain would probably just implode, so I wouldn't have to worry about how to cheer.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I too would love to get this framed I love the ad. Jenks has been my favorite player growing up ever since he came up and I will miss him greatly. I admit I was harsh on him last year when he was doing very poorly but I always enjoyed seeing #5 on the field. I remember back to the Cty. Stadium days when our family had 1st row season tickets behind the tarp and I remember watching him gun so many guys out on the basepaths. To my favorite Brewer player ever, I wish you luck in the future and thanks for the memories Jenks.

and the brewers have made it pretty clear that HOF is the status.
yup, that is correct. However, I would think they would make an exception for a star player that is killed prematurely or dies from cancer or something tragic. No, I am not making light of "cancer", before somebody accuses me of that.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Hawing, I have to wonder if Jenkins would even consider a deal with the Cubs. Kind of like how Schilling said that there was no way he could sign with the Yankees. I realize our rivalry is considerably less contentious than BOS-NYY, but especially after this ad in the paper, I don't think Jenks would do it unless they gave him a ton of cash and promises of a starting slot in the outfield.

As much as I don't like the Cubs, if they'll pay Jenks and he's willing to play for them, I wouldn't have any ill feeling towards him for doing so. It'd just make it more awkward to clap for him when he goes up to bat than it would be if he played for a team not named the Cubs.

Geoff should be a lock for the walk of fame, though.

TLB, I've got to ask: what if the cubs sign Jenkins? You can root for the player, but I hope you wouldn't root for that team.

I wonder at that point if you can even root for the player. (I don't think it's a question of rooting for the team when you're talking about the Cubs.) David Cone was one of my two favorite Yankees from the time he joined until he left. When he signed with the Red Sox, I went from being shocked to angered, for several reasons like saying he bled Yankee blue. I know you appreciate what they did for the team, but I still don't want him to have anything to do with events like Old Timers Day.

Archived