Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries
Fish. I guess earlier in the day Brent Musburger (sp?), Steve Lavin and Erin Andrews went ice fishing with Greg Stiemsma and some of his family members. They kept bringing it up, and even called Stiemsma "The Fisherman" a couple times. I think we might hear that as much as "Polar Bear" on ESPN telecasts from now on.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm glad they got both Michigan games out of the way early - that team is really improving as the year goes along.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm glad they got both Michigan games out of the way early - that team is really improving as the year goes along.

That seems to happen yearly -- as Michigan seems to have way too much athleticism to be bottom-feeders, but they don't have the coaching (or haven't).

They certainly looked a lot better than they did in Ann Arbor, they didn't/couldn't cover Leuer who was shredding them from the outside.

Hawing, were you at the game last night? I was there and as a Michigan fan I never expected them to even be within 15 points of Wisconsin. Michigan is the worst rebounding team in the Big 10 and just destroyed Wisconsin on the boards. Do you think that is going to be a concern to happen again when they face Michigan State and Indiana? It wasn't the way I wanted the game to turn out but it was a good game nonetheless, well courtside seats help cure that too.

I was indeed, and I admit on the way to the Kohl Center I was remembering the game at Michigan and thinking, 'hmm, this shouldn't be too hard.' That'll show me.

I'm even less of a stathead for basketball than I am for baseball, but even I am dismayed by how Wisconsin has fared recently in rebounding. I hope they solve that by the time they face Indiana (which gives them about a week) and MSU. We don't have tickets to all games but we have those two, plus Penn State in March.

Courtside seats, hmm...you weren't that guy in the Michigan shirt that the videoboard kept showing, were you?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

As far as the future of the program goes, might we see the return or Robb Jeter as an assistant coach soon? FIVE players have left UWM since the season started. And I remember the debates on how great a job UWM was.

My brother and I decided that in 2014, Tony Bennett should become the new head coach because by then: A) Bo Ryan will have a D1 title or two under his belt and will want to retire on top, and B) that's when Bennett's contract is up with Washington State. (I'm only half joking about this).

Courtside seats, hmm...you weren't that guy in the Michigan shirt that the videoboard kept showing, were you?
Yeah, that was me they kept showing on the scoreboard. I knew it was a matter of time before it happened because the camera guy kept looking at me all game. At least I didn't get as big of a boo as the kid did in the Bears jersey http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"FIVE players have left UWM since the season started. And I remember the debates on how great a job UWM was. "

I think they've won something like 7 of 8 since most of those guys left. (and the one loss was at Butler)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I am sick and tired of them talking about Gordan's wrist....... ahhhhh someone shut them up..... is there not anything else you can talk about??? Okay.. drinking game... everytime they say Gordan or wrist drink 1 shot.. if they say both togeather make it a double.... See ya tomorrow night after I get my tummy pumped...

Is anyone else sick of seeing Crying Calvin Sampson on the sidelines? C'mon, this is basketball...not a soap opera.

Im pretty sure you could say the same thing about Bo Ryan every game, and just about every D-1 coach. ever watch Bruce Pearl coach a game? It's the nature of the beast, so to speak.

Archived