Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

I thought Hughes was pretty good today actually. He didn't shoot well, but he created a lot by penetrating the lane repeatedly and kicking the ball out. He's easily their best player at getting to the basket.

Butch dominated inside, and Krabbenhoft had a great game as well.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Hughes was pretty good today actually. He didn't shoot well, but he created a lot by penetrating the lane repeatedly and kicking the ball out. He's easily their best player at getting to the basket.
Watch him play defense, seriously he is bad at it. I just really dislike his game. I do not believe the Badgers need a shoot first point guard although i do appreciate his penetration.

FTJ has it...wilkinson has no position in the NBA. all the other guys mentioned either have more height or more athleticism. i felt the same way looking at it with the badger goggles on for a while also.

sounded like some solid wisconsin basketball yesterday (didnt see the game for obvious reasons http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif) control the FT line (and actually make some!) take care of the ball, and get good looks.

as for the "letdown" someone mentioned last year...losing a starter never helps the cause

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Some Badger discussion over on basketball prospectus:

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=85

About 2/3 of the way through the chat:

Ken: I don't think Tubby has any regrets about his job switch. One Big Ten team I have seen a lot of is Wisconsin. Were I not the person I am, putting so much stock in the numbers and such, I wouldn't be very impressed with how this team plays. They look like they're a notch below Michigan State and Indiana, but the stats say they'll compete for a Big Ten title. If Brian Butch or Trevon Hughes go down for an extended period, then all bets are off, but for now this team presents the classic "winning ugly" profile that's destined to keep them underrated. Their offense thrives off rebounding and they prevent the opposition from scoring as well as any team in the nation. The AP folks say they're not a top-20 team, but I find that impossible to believe.

John: I don't think the Rodney Dangerfield treatment will last for long. I'm feeling good about my prediction (for which I took some grief, by the way) that the Badgers will share the Big Ten regular season title with Michigan State, in part because Wisconsin doesn't have to play in East Lansing this year. Even more important, the Badgers and Kansas have been arguably the two best defensive teams in the nation so far this season. Bo Ryan's team makes their opponent miss, they get the rebound and they don't foul. It's not real complex but it is very hard to overcome. Now, that's enough about the forlorn little conference in fly-over country. Talk to me about the Big East. Who wants to win this thing?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Well they'll pass up St Mary's and Arizona cause they both lost. Plus Clemson plays UNC tonight (Clemson's 5 ahead of Wisconsin) so that's a likely loss for Clemson. Badgers should be like 21ish or something.

you nailed it

Hey, my S.O. reports that Erin Andrews will be courtside at the Kohl Center tonight as the Badgers face Illinois. I will let you poster fellas decide which is cooler: a broadcast that ordinary cable using mortals can actually view, or Erin Andrews.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Erin Andrews.

If Wisconsin somehow loses to Illinois at home...well then I don't know. I think people are starting to see Bruce Weber's overrated-ness now that he has none of Bill Self's players left. I think a couple years ago they maybe had a better Win % at home than did the Badgers, but they're 4-4 there or something this year.

Anyone notice that meaningless steal and dunk at the end of the game made it 10 points instead of 12? I checked once source prior to the game and the spread was 11. I'm sure a few people in Madison screaming at that one.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"I'm sure a few people in Madison screaming at that one. "

And few more in Vegas.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I saw 10.5 and 11.5 - either way Jimbo, you're right, Illinois covered with that basket. What made it worse was that the manner in which Landry sort of just turned the ball over to Illinois at the end made it look like he did it on purpose. There were a bunch of places he could have tossed the ball rather than travel but he chose to let it drop on the floor right to an Illinois player (I know point-shaving wasn't his intent, but I'm just saying). Thankfully I did not bet on it, or I would have been upset yet a little amused with how it happened.

I believe ccbrew graduated in December. But does the athletic department actually limit midyear graduates to a "half season" of student tickets in that case? Or did you sell the rest, knowing you wouldn't be in Madison to use them?

i cant think the AD would have any clue of a student's intent to graduate in december...especially when tickets are purchased in october.

i was the recipient of some pretty solid seats from a graduating senior when i was a freshman...very nice gesture by a graduating friend...he was going back to the west coast

I believe ccbrew graduated in December. But does the athletic department actually limit midyear graduates to a "half season" of student tickets in that case? Or did you sell the rest, knowing you wouldn't be in Madison to use them?

Yep. I had full season tickets, graduated, and am now not only out of Madison but out of the country as well. I sold the remaining tickets for about face value to the guy who had tickets next to me. Probably could have gotten some good money for them (Row AA on the floor in a section where there is no Row 1) but I don't feel too bad about it since he seemed like a pretty passionate fan and I didn't want to go through too much hassle..it's never really been about the money anyway. My only regret of course is that I'll never have the opportunity to personally tell Erin Andrews that we are meant to be.

Yeah, if you'd seen the two UW-MU scores from this season without knowing which was the home game for whom, I bet a lot of people would guess tonight's was the "at Michigan" score.

For those of you in the ESPN audience...during the first half, Erin Andrews posed with a Ziploc bag full of something we could not identify from our vantage point. What was it?

Archived