Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries
Anybody watching the Badger/Wofford game on ESPN2 right now?

Damn well better watch since they are actually on tv!!(stupid BTN)

Havent been so impressive but I still think this team is going to be very good. WI basketball is starting to build a rep!

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Big game at Texas tomorrow. Hopefully the Badgers will go into a hostile environment and get their first win over a top opponent this year. I really hope this turns out better than the Duke game.

Interesting note: Ken Pomeroy has the Badgers as the fourth-best team in the nation in his efficiency ratings. This game is between his number 1 defense (UW) and the number 1 offense (Texas).

I really don't think the Badgers will win this one either because it's in Texas, but I'm at least hoping for it to be a Marquette-type loss instead of a Duke-type loss. As for Memphis, they've "only" outscored opponents by 16.4 points so far this year (Wisconsin has outscored opponents by 19.6 points/game). Factor in the fact that they have one of the fastest tempos in the nation, and it seems possible that they might not be quite as good as they look. Another possibility is that they have to play the hardest part of their schedule early while other teams are generally playing an easier schedule. Once conference schedules start and Memphis starts beating up on the cupcakes in CUSA, Memphis might rise up the ranks a little bit.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ken used to have a score predictor formula on his site that was moved or removed this season. It was a cool - correctly predicted the winner in the first 10 games I tried. Then I bet on one, got it wrong and never used it again. Fun all the same.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Woah, that was a nice finish. I didn't realize this was such an early game, so we didn't have it on until close to halftime, and only shortly after turning it on did I have any idea that Hughes was out. What does it mean that the Badgers managed so well without him? (in a presumably hostile environment)

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

great finish to the game. I turned it on at halftime, quite surprised that they were tied up at 33-33.

Big win and big game from Butch. Hope this one helps out later on this year.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm *really* hating the final 5 minutes of last Saturday's game now. A win at Wisconsin just became that much more impressive, and we owned that game for 35 minutes.... Woulda been nice to see how that game woul've played out with un-biased officiating. Ugh.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

That was a great game today. Exciting, and the Badgers finally got a win over an elite team (on the road no less). Good to see they still managed to control the ball without the sweet pepper and egg sandwich man. (His poor A/T ratio certainly wasn't missed today).

we owned that game for 35 minutes

I wouldn't say owned, definitely not for 35 minutes, especially given that the Badgers led for a 9 minute stretch in the first half. And 4+ minutes in the second half were spent with a Valpo lead of 1-2 points and both teams in scoring droughts. Throw in never leading by more than 9, and rarely leading by more than 5 or 6 and that's hardly what I'd refer to as owning a game. And "biased officiating"? I guess I just didn't see that.

This might be a wakeup call for Hughes to start playing within the system.

Bohannon needs to shoot more. If he gets some confidence beyond the arc, watch out.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I like watching Hughes play, but he definitely takes too many risky shots. I agree with what you say about Bohannon too -- if he gets more chances, he can really stroke the three. Problem is, a lot of defenses play zone against us and he just doesn't get the open looks that Bo Ryan typically makes his shooters have before they think about taking a shot.

This might be a wakeup call for Hughes to start playing within the system.

Bohannon needs to shoot more. If he gets some confidence beyond the arc, watch out.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but he attempted 9 three's... I wish Landry would play more agressive every game, I'm sure he could average 13-15 PPG if he'd take a few more shots a game. What a freakin' awesome win.

No, not sarcasm. He just looks a little tenative on his jumpers - especially the wide open ones. Looking at his game logs, today was his season high in three point attempts. I think he needs to keep that up - might have something to do with Hughes being out.

Great win for big Red. Nice to see Flowers not only nail the shot, but hustle his butt off (what else is new, right?) and make certain he ended the game in more ways than one. Well done, Michael.

That's the kind of win that can put you in the tourney if the Badgers end up on the bubble come spring.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm *really* hating the final 5 minutes of last Saturday's game now. A win at Wisconsin just became that much more impressive, and we owned that game for 35 minutes.... Woulda been nice to see how that game woul've played out with un-biased officiating. Ugh.

i am thinking that the fact that valpo couldnt make a basket in the second half was their bigger problem. they were shooting something like 50% in the first half and ended up shoting around 40% for the game. the shots just stopped falling.

Archived