Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries
  • Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Leuer and Jarmusz on the floor at the same time? Yikes.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Did Landry just get punched???
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

By the way Stevo -- Duke could get a 3, with 4 losses as well, in a much tougher conference.

Could very well be. Other than UNC and Duke, the ACC doesn't offer much this year. The Big 10 has four ranked teams, the ACC only two. And Duke had an even worse showing that UW in the tourney last year, losing to Virginia Commonwealth in the first round. So I don't think it is widespread that the ACC is much tougher than the Big 10 this year.

He looked pretty good on that three.

UW may beat Illinois in this game, but they certainly have lost the university-sponsored commercial battle. How my alma mater consistently puts out some of the worst in the Big Ten is beyond me.

Could very well be. Other than UNC and Duke, the ACC doesn't offer much this year. The Big 10 has four ranked teams, the ACC only two. And Duke had an even worse showing that UW in the tourney last year, losing to Virginia Commonwealth in the first round. So I don't think it is widespread that the ACC is much tougher than the Big 10 this year.

Just UNC and Duke? Really? Clemson's playing better than MSU, Indiana, and probably even Purdue. That's quite the bold statement. Rankings really don't mean anything, either.

If UW gets a 2, I hope it's not the way Lunardi has it, with Duke as the 3. I'd rather be a 3 with G'Town or Tennessee the 2.

UW may beat Illinois in this game, but they certainly have lost the university-sponsored commercial battle. How my alma mater consistently puts out some of the worst in the Big Ten is beyond me.

to their credit, i dont think there are any university-sponsored commercials that are good

Unfreakingbelievable!!! I could see the location being an advantage if it were being played in Milwaukee or Chicago but Omaha isn't just a hop, skip, and a jump from Madison. The region placement seems like the reasoning year in and year out and I really think it was a cop-out this year. Not sure what else Bucky could have done...won the conference, won the conference tourney, finished ranked 6th in the country, etc. Sorry, I just needed to vent a little bit. My heart just sunk when I saw them pop up as a #3. Once I saw G-town as the #2 I thought for sure that they were gonna end up with the #2 in the South which would have been great. Oh well, hopefully they come out with a chip on their shoulder and stick it to CS-Fullerton before a tough game with either USC or K-State.

Boy, some of these seedings make no sense. K-State has only 2 fewer wins than Oklahoma, a better conference record, they BEAT Oklahoma in their only matchup (in OK), and K-State is an 11 seed, Oklahoma a 6 seed.

Meanwhile, Indiana, with a 25-7 record, and a top 20 ranking is an 8 seed.

The Big 10 is supposedly the weakest of the big 6 BCS conferences, but has more ranked teams than the Big 12, ACC, Pac-10, or the SEC.

Archived